Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Android Auto Installation

Options
  • 28-12-2021 2:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Wondering has anyone got a recommendation for car audio companies.

I have a 172 reg Renault Grand Scenic with R-Link. I can connect the phone with Bluetooth and all that good stuff. The car manual does mention Android Auto, but I think it is a generic reference and doesn't apply to my car. When I open Android auto while connected via USB, nothing happens on the dash.

Wondering is it possible to retrofit (somehow) Android auto, either via some form of software cheat, or via a new media headend (and what would that look like?).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 SylviaBogle

No idea of it. But I would like to learn more about this car audio companies. Thank you so much!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭db

You need a good quality USB cable that supports data transfer. A lot of cables only have the power pins connected do will not work with Android Auto. I use cables with magnetic connectors so you only have to put the cable near the phone and it will connect.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Laid Back Bill

@db I've tried a few USB cables at this stage, from proprietary to big standard. Nothing works.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

What version of rlink is yours? Think Android auto is only on rlink 2.

As soon as you plug in a compatible phone with android auto app installed Android auto should come up on bottom or car screen if available.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 Laid Back Bill

@neilthefunkeone R-Link 1 I think. Was hoping something like the video below, can be done. Or if not a new *something* in the car to do it.

https://youtu.be/izJWMMoGRCs

Advertisement