Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Alberto Salazar life time ban

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

Good riddance.

Now, if they could do the same to all the other dopers ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭ThePiedPiper

Absolute piece of work. I’d say we’ll never know the half of his sins.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭KaneToad

It would be great if he started naming names.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭jamule

it would be interesting if he started , what has he got to lose now by telling the truth or even throwing out a few names for the craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭skyblue46

I'm sure his former employers will have paid handsomely to ensure his silence 😇

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

To quote Bricktop “One horrible cnut”!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭E.coli

Unfortunately lifetime bans won't hold up for doping from WADA as we have seen time and time again. USADA ban is only a 4 year. The lifetime is in relation to misconduct and handed down from SafeSport so very much a Michelle De Bruin scenario

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

Sure, I'm aware of that.

Doping was actually his lesser sin, IMHO. The way he mercilessly bullied his athletes, especially female ones, was just unbelievable and cruel. The stories from Kara Goucher and particularly Mary Cain are mindboggling. How someone was allowed to conduct himself in such a manner is outrageous and Nike has a lot to answer for.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭BingCrosbee

Athletics is just one big drug game. I have no interest in it anymore because of the doping and Ireland is also riddled with it. When I see our past hero’s commentating who were drugged to the nines I just turn off the telly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Ceepo

"Ireland is riddled with it" really?

Do you really think that Irish athletics is riddled with drugs.

Or are you talking about and including other sports as well.

I don't see any evidence of athletics in Ireland being riddled. Of course there were isolated cases, and I'd hazard a guess the very odd one that wasn't caught, but that's a far cry from being riddled

• Advertisement
Advertisement