Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Moveable beach

• 27-12-2021 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭

Much like the never-ending "Is it Dunne's Knocknacarra vs Dunne's Rahoon" debate is the never-ending 'will the real Ladies' Beach please stand up' debate.

Down swimming the other day, I was part of a conversation about it and thought I would bring it to this wise forum.

I'm PURPOSELY not using map pins, because that's too easy 🤣, that's not the way people of a certain generation talk either, so thought it might be interesting to hear opinions on here. Using descriptions below, which do you think is the real Ladies' Beach.

Disclaimer: I have Galway schtock but didn't grow up here.

Here are the options

1. Ladies' Beach is 'popularly' known as the one to the right of Jungle café, if you are looking at the sea. It is the one where the big shelter is, the outside shower, ramp on one side, steps down from the outcrop area to the right. When people say they will meet you at 'Ladies' Beach, they generally mean here. Unless...
    2. The beach just to the LEFT of Jungle. But is this the same beach as beach 1? When I moved to Galway I was told it "this was the real one".
    3. The next beach over, so the one between the man-made pool and the long slip way.
    4. The next one over. This is unlikely as it isn't really a beach. I know this as Crab Pool. With a shelter facing down the slipway, but a friend yesterday said beach 3 is both Crab Pool and Ladies'. Hmm. Do ladies like crab pools that much? I digress.

Anyway a swift google gives me several answers on different sites, including '1' shown as the real Ladies on Google Maps! But I suspect it is 2 reeeeally. Any thoughts? I know you have thoughts!😁

Post edited by inisboffin on

Comments

Advertisement