Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Anyone have a BMW 7 series, the interior fan is too loud on the lowest setting

Options
  • 26-12-2021 10:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

My 2018 740e is the ultimate driving machine for me. Oodles of power if I want but can do most of my daily driving in full electric mode.

Too many toys to mention it is the most comfortable car I've ever driven.

One issue for me though is the Air-conditioning fan even on the lowest setting it seems you run too loud.

There's no strange noises or unusual vibration from it but I always think there should be a lower speed to turn it down to.

Any ideas?

Best Answer

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭maddness

Ask a BMW service department?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,446 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

If you set the temperature to say 20 degrees and say after that temperature is achieved does it still happen? Fan should run at lowest setting once this is achieved.

On a side note I don't really know why you would be manually setting air conditioning when you have climate control.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,065 ✭✭✭✭beertons

When did you have the AC serviced last?

M

Additionally...when was pollen filter last changed?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 330EBMW

Ok folks AC is fully charged pollen filter changed at last service.

Climate control or AC whatever,

With the fan on the lowest setting it still sounds too loud. If it's turned off you quickly end up with the windows fogging up so it's a bit of a pain in the behind. Plus the better half drives it all the time.

• Advertisement
    M

If on climate control does it make the noise? Fan should run to minimum on CC when it achieves 18-20 degrees cabin temperature in this weather, middle of the day it should hit this after 20 minutes or less of driving.

When doing it manually if you have temperature set high or low does it make a difference to the noise? Also do you have the air on recirculation when running the fan?

Air on external, not recirculation, changing the temp. manually doesn't change the fan speed.

Honestly most of our journeys on a daily basis would be less than 15 minutes duration but with the heat pump it effectively runs warm almost instantly from startup.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭maddness

Might also be a solution too.

TBH I know more about the E cars than the monkeys in BMW garages, sales and service.

Did a software update for me once, never again will I darken a BMW service dept again, did more harm than good.

When you pay peanuts you get monkeys.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,784 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Wife has an 840d and it's the exact same. Fan on 1 sounds like it's on 7 or 8 on a normal car. Turn it off for a minute and all the windows fog up immediately.

BMW's unrivaled build quality?

• Advertisement

Yes that's exactly the same as ours. Thought someone may have found the solution without resorting to visiting the main stealers.

Advertisement