Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Investment Account - Quick Sign Up?

Options
  • 22-12-2021 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭

Originally posted this in the banking and pensions forum by mistake, probably better here!

Are there any investment account options where I can sign up online, without the need to arrange phonecalls with people to discuss etc etc.

I'm comfortable with risk, know the story, values may plummet or soar, money may come or go, I accept.

I'm only looking for something to lock away for a decade or more, adding a meagre 200 a month or so, and hope to come out better than 24,000eur which is what i'd have if I put it in a bank.

I have personal savings, I have a pension in place, this is just another something on the side that I'd like to get set up and going with. All suggestions welcome

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,154 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Degiro is all online new accoun setup, you will need to provide AML documentation to verify your identification, these are either scanned copies or captured from your phone during the registration process.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭The Mighty Quinn

I might be wrong but thought degiro was buying for buying shares etc? Whereas what I'm kinda looking for is presassembled funds I can add to each month - basically same as a standard pension account.

I don't know enough to be monitoring and trading individual share prices on companies etc

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭1dave123

An execution only service via a broker may be close to what u are looking for. Have a read of this and see if it meets your need.

https://www.investandsave.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

You can buy investment trusts on Degiro, Trading 212 etc such as Scottish Mortgage (LON:SMT) which are equivalent to what you want but with far lower management fees and likely far better performance also.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Advertisement