Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford Mustang Mach E

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,058 ✭✭✭✭unkel

That's fair enough DaveByDavid but the 58kWh Ioniq 5 has a WLTP range of 384km so similar enough to Mach-E 75kWh with 440km, I doubt anyone would want to spend more than a few grand to get that extra 15% range. And the coefficient of drag of the Mach-E is slightly worse than Ioniq 5, so in practice on the motorway at 120km/h (that's where range matters) there would be almost nothing in it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Redfox25

Wonder is a bit of a snob factor, its not a Ford its a Mustang.......BS.

All the reviews I have seen so far point out that there arent any Ford badges on it (unless you count the one that shows up on the screen on startup) so its giong for the premium end.

It does seem like a strange pricing strategy though.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭DaveByDavid

Yeah fair enough, possibly quite close then!

I must admit I haven't looked into specific tech differences either.

Going to test drive it Thursday, will see if it makes me want to spend the extra over the 73lw Ioniq 5 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,714 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I like the outside of this Mustang Mach E it is certainly more adventures and exciting than a VW ID4 but its no Kia EV6. The interior in this Mustang do is terrible. Ford could learn few things from Kia. A pity as Ford used to make great dashs that were stylish too.

Definitely personal preference.

I like what Ioniq 5 and EV6 have done with the interior, especially when compared to ID4.

But really like the mach-e as well. Drive display is nice and simple and clear, and the 1t" touch screen looks great.

Going to test drive one tomorrow so will get a proper feel for it.

• Advertisement
    Ms

Yes you are right. Awe very good. Do let us know what you thought of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,639 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Can you not get the Mach E GT in Ireland? It's not on the sheet. That's the one I'd be interested in looking at/test driving as it compares favorably to the tesla MY performance

Just been and sat in it and had a bit of a test drive. Annoyingly no-one local has one so we had to drive an hour away, which meant unfamiliar roads, which for me means I'll never drive it in the same way that I would normally drive on roads I know (especially country roads).

I have to say I really liked it. My partner who has been massively into the Ioniq 5 now also prefers the Mach-E.

There's obviously an additional cost, but it does feel more premium inside, and that's not a slight on the Ioniq (we may still get one), but it just feels a slight step up, and I prefer the exterior style and driving position.

Possibly because it was unfamiliar roads I wasn't driving as normal but the braking felt a bit harsh, and the dial to go into drive and reverse is slightly behind you which is a bit annoying, but I guess you don't have to use it while driving.

The adaptive cruise control and lane assist was nice, but it is on all new cars really.

Quite torn now - biggest problem is getting hold of one, not sure how quickly that will be possible.

There's 5 different models as far as I know.

RWD - standard range and long range

AWD - standard range and long range

And first edition

Getting lots of different info on this car from different dealers.

Half of them just have no clue about the car itself, specs or when they're getting them.

Some dealers tell me they have to be ordered online and then you choose your dealer. But our local dealer is saying they have some coming in this side of Christmas and then more in Feb/March, actually into the dealer itself.

Annoyingly if the last part is true they only have AWD models coming in, and I'm just not sure I can justify spending the extra money for less range (albeit a higher spec). It's such a jump in cost - even though the car is lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,639 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

But theres also the GT which is the 3.7 0-60

• Advertisement

Don't think that's available yet (or at least isn't on their website). Maybe it's for next year? Haven't seen much about it to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,521 ✭✭✭carsfan2

Ms

Very good. Are ye going to give the KIA EV6 a go?

Maybe that will make your decision up for ye or at least make it a bit easier.

Haven't given that a go yet, I'm not sure I want to test drive any more cars - it will drive me crazy!

If anyone happens to find a dealer with RWD standard range in black - let me know :)

Speaking to lots of dealers and sounds like they only have red coming. It's not a dealbreaker as I've seen it in the metal and it looks nice, but I always wanted a black car really.

Judging by the website black is "free" and red is an additional cost so I assume that is why.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

Really only of interest to those nearby, but Finlay Ford have a Mach-E parked up at the entrance to the tesco extra in Naas. They’ve had cars on display there all week, so I assume it’s there for today at least. Red, AWD. Looked nicer in the metal than I expected.

It’s beside Costa, on the pedestrian area for anyone looking for it.

Paddy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Had a small test drive in the AWD version today

It is a really gorgeous car a complete beast at take off. Like being in a roller coaster going over an edge !

64K though is just nuts

Yup, hard to swallow price really.

It's lovely though as you say. Very hard to get a RWD standard range unfortunately, although that will set you back 55k!

Has anyone got their hands on a RWD standard range yet?

Only been able to test drive the AWD and would like to know how the RWD compares in terms of interior quality. I've looked for YT reviews but they're mostly American and I think spec is slightly different on base models as they have electric seat adjustment, whereas RWD standard range here doesn't according to Ford brochure.

I wonder just how much of a downgrade the RWD standard is from the AWD (which is lovely).

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

how does this compare size wise to the Audi Etron ?

• Advertisement

In terms of interior it felt a bit more spacious to me.

Not sure on exact exterior dimensions but the long bonnet makes it feel like quite a long car, especially when driving.

It's very expensive, 78k for the AWD long range model

Yup, pricey indeed. Posted a lot but have mostly been weighing up the Mach-E vs Ioniq 5 vs EV6.

The base model RWD standard range is around 55,000 with metallic paint.

But yeah, if you want longer range or AWD then price goes up quite a bit.

For example base model mach-e will get you every single bit of tech that can possibly come with an Ioniq 5 in RWD. It's 55,000 for premium plus Ioniq 5, or GT-Line EV6.

So depends how much you value the look of the Mach-E. I don't think it's bad if you just like the car, ride height, and comfort etc, but in terms of practicality (buttons) and tech you can't beat Ioniq 5 or EV6.

I personally think the Mach-E looks the best, and feels premium. The Ioniq 5 is also super comfy, and the EV6 isn't bad at all and handles nicely.

All true but the mach E is not far off audi etron money and surely not in that league?

Seems mispriced

Main issue is I haven't been able to test a RWD ST although as far as I know the interior is mostly the same anyway.

But having test drove the etron I wasn't really too wowed by it, I honestly prefer the Mach-E in terms of feel.

But you're right, a Q4 etron base model would be around same price as Mach-E.

no comparison in terms of depreciation either , personally ive always quite liked Ford but it doesnt hold value like anything from VAG

Fair play - not something I know much about in all honesty but sounds like something I could believe. I was reading an article about the MME not depreciating as well as the "average SUV" but not sure what countries it was relating to.

If I'm weighing up the cars based on a test drive though, I'm opting for Mach-E I think.

Just noticed that on the website if you select RWD standard range some extra colours have been added.

No infinite blue but they have grabber blue, cyber orange and dark matter grey (which I've seen in the metal and is lovely).

Not sure if this is an error or an update from Ford.

They also have a tech pack available that includes - 360 Degree Camera, Hands Free Tailgate, Powerfold Mirrors, 8-Way Driver and Passenger Seats in Perforated Sensico Leather, B&O Premium Sound System 10-Speaker inc. Dashboard Sound Bar, Advanced Active Park Assist, Full Panorama Roof(N.B. does not include tow bar or electrical hook-up)

No idea how much it all is though as they've taken the price away from the builder, unless I'm missing something.

Is the shorter range model priced around 53k on sale at all in Ireland?

• Advertisement

Nope, you'll find it next to impossible to get one.

You'll probably have to spend more like 55k as well.

The only place I found one was in Dublin (can't remember which dealer) and they had one red one coming in for February.

Literally everyone else (I pretty much rang everyone in the country) is saying it would be a fresh order of 6-9 months.

It's AWD they're pushing at the moment and that's around 68k.

Advertisement