Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Single room heat recovery ventilation

Options
  • 16-03-2021 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭

Most of the vents in my 25 year old house are a steel outer face/ plastic inner masking an uninsulated gap created by the omission of half a cavity block. I'm thinking of insulating and reducing these huge drains on my heating and while I'm at it I'm contemplating fitting the likes of this:-

https://www.aerauliqa.com/prodotti/quantum-next/

My thinking is it'd improve air quality and eliminate draughts. I've changed windows recently and openings are full height either side of the frame so quality ventilation is important
    Advice and suggestions would be much appreciated-thanks in advance
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Cian59

Did you ever get a price on one of those?

I've no experience but have been looking at this product (https://ecovolt.ie/products/zero1/) so will be interested to compare. The Zero1 is 359/unit on the website but not too sure how that compares.

What's your plan for getting power to the units?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Cian59 wrote: »
    Did you ever get a price on one of those?

I've no experience but have been looking at this product (https://ecovolt.ie/products/zero1/) so will be interested to compare. The Zero1 is 359/unit on the website but not too sure how that compares.

What's your plan for getting power to the units?

Thanks for the reply- yeah the one I linked is around €250 on amazon- UK and de, the bigger performing model is actually cheaper. Luckily enough the rooms I definitely want to target there's sockets either immediately below or not far away

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Darando

Looking into this myself. Recently internally insulated 1960s house as built using 9" cavities. Ventilation upstairs is your typical hole in the wall for 4 bedrooms and an inline extractor fan in the bathroom.

Was thinking of installing 2x of the fans upstairs. Seems they can work together so that 1 is in exhaust mode whilst the other in intake mode, and then they switch every 60-90 secs.

Any recommendations? Does this mean I should block the vents in the rooms without the fans?

Seen models from Ecovolt, Ermen and Partel in Ireland on the web.

Interested to know how it worked for others?

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭AnswerIs42

@ActingDanClarkDid any of you folks go ahead with a purchase of one of these devices? Any feedback?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

I didn't, got put on the long finger!

• Advertisement
Advertisement