Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 FE1_Hun

Have March sign-ups opened yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 lawgrad19

What do people think about them being in person/online?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 rebuke

Constitutional manual available from city colleges

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭fe1ki5

I think it could well be back to in person exams tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 lawgrad19

Same I think I would be surprised if it’s online again but really don’t fancy going back to in person at all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 FE1million

Hi all, I would be very grateful if anyone has the Company exam papers from Spring/Autumn 2019 and 2020 to share?

Could anyone who has sat Company and/or EU advise what the "core" topics would be to revise please.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Kkelly97

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭LawLearnin

In terms of the recheck, does anyone know if that means someone actually remarks your whole paper or do they just check over that each question was marked the first time and the marks added up properly?

• Advertisement

Anyone have an updated tort and criminal grid? Have materials to swap

• Registered Users Posts: 40 fe1taker1998

Looking for an updated criminal and equity grid have stuff to swap!

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭lawDani

Hi All,

hope everybody is beginning to enjoy the xmas break at this stage.

on that note, i was wondering if anybody would be willing to share latest grid for

-Company

-Tort and

-Equity ?

EXAM DATES 2022

• Registered Users Posts: 32 LawCopy16

Hi, I would be really grateful if anyone could share the tort exam papers from Nov 2020 - to Oct 2021. I have lots of materials that I can swap in return including marked scripts for all exams that I have passed so far which are: criminal, property and EU (from March 2020) and unmarked downloaded scripts from company and constitutional from October 2021.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭redlad12

Hi Guys, Happy Christmas, just wondering when the next set of FE1s are? And would you need to realistically do a law degree to be able for them? I qualified as a chartered accountant recently but unfortunately dont see myself wanting to be one for 35 years. Have always been better at English/reading than numbers so it was a silly choice. Am I right in saying it can take 2.5 years after obtaining FE1s? Would it be tough to get an apprenticeship without a law degree? Thanks if anyone can help.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 fe1lawkid

Does anybody have a decent exam grid for company that they would be willing to share??

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭LawLearnin

The next sitting is between 11 and 23 March 2022, I think the applications to take exams in that sitting close at the end of January. You definitely don't need a law degree to take them. The Law Society publishes a syllabus for them on their site in the exams info section, so it's more a matter of getting hold of good study materials than having a background in law. The timeline of how long it takes to qualify is really variable as it depends on how quickly you get through the exams and then how soon you can get into an apprenticeship. I'm on the hunt for one at the moment myself, but it doesn't seem you need a law degree for those either - or at least you don't for big/medium firms; I have seen some small ones say in their ads that they want candidates who have law degree or diploma plus some FE1s. Tbh I think if you've gone through the chartered accountancy you'd be well able for the FE1s, and I'd imagine plenty of firms would be delighted to see someone of your background coming in.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 LawCopy16

Selling a constitutional law manual 2021 from lawschool.ie. €35 not including postage. For €50 can also include exam papers/reports, excellent summary of all chapters, notes on guide to separation of powers cases, notes on key cases for Art 38.1 and my October 2021 script (passed with 60%). All notes/summaries are prepared by Dr Maura Kelly who teaches the lawschool.ie course.

Send me a DM if interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭redlad12

Ah cheers thanks very much for that, really helpful! Im a bit worried about the length of time as I'm 29 now ,but realistically it's such a long career it's probably not gonna matter too much, Hopefully id be able to get a firm , is it when you finish the FE1s you start that training contract or can it be during?

its after ! Your training officially starts 14days after your last PPC1 exam

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭nmurphy1441

Would anyone here, who passed Constitutional in October, be willing to share their script with me? Would really be a big help…. Thanks!!!

Would anyone be willing to share any sample answers or notes simplifying EU... finding it very difficult to get my head around.

I have 5 fe1's and can/will swap anything I have.

TIA.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 SJ108

Hi guys, just wondering if anyone has a copy of the most recent Criminal paper?

I'm not fussy about the markings, etc. - I just want to see what came up. Thank you in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭StabiloLaw

Hey there, passed EU in March 2021 and have very simplified notes that I'm happy to send you on!

Not looking for anything in return.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭StabiloLaw

Hi all, just wondering if anyone who applied for the Hybrid after they got their results has heard anything back from the Law Society about starting in January? Or if we can order our iPads now or if we need to wait? Getting a bit anxious about timing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Highwood

Hello

Would you forward constitution and equity please.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 fe1taker1998

Looking for a tort criminal and equity grid, or even if someone was willing to share what came up in October? Have stuff to swap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 soc124124

Would anyone who sat and passed Company this last sitting be willing to share their script? Im after failing it twice on the trot now. I have passed all 7 others long ago but I seem to be cursed with Company law.

Advertisement