Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Stadia Premiere edition @ €22

• 19-12-2021 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭

Google Stadia Premiere edition @ €22, with chromecast Ultra here, Never heard of it before and I'm not interested in games, but with about 70% off I had to buy it anyway 🤔

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭p225886

Great find thanks ordered one. Shared with friends 2 already replied saying purchased

• Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

Thanks OP what a deal!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭funnyname

• Registered Users Posts: 4,157 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Initially showed Out of stock for me but when I searched for it the page was showing in stock here:

https://store.google.com/ie/config/stadia_premiere_edition?hl=en-GB

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭piplip87

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Del007

What actually are these?

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭KingCong

Were they back in stock? I've been watching this waiting for it come back in stock since black friday but every time I check its out of stock

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭KingCong

Think of it like a games console, without having to have an physical Xbox or PS5 etc. Instead you stream the games over the internet, similar to how you'd stream videos with Netflix. It's a great service, the downside is the game selection is a bit limited but good for a casual gamer.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭cyborg

having difficulty signing up here, stuck on the follow on twitter requirement, which wont register as being done

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭duefrine

thanks for the link, singed up and have 4 months free..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Thanks for this op, just ordered one.

Post edited by RocketRaccoon on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,720 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Thanks OP. Ordered and will likely never use. Thanks again OP!!😀

• Registered Users Posts: 31 johnpackt

I have already bought this. But have a question can I just use chromecast ultra for streaming service. Or it would be some kind of locked for just using it with Stadia controller. Have not played games ever. So any comment would be helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Totally separate. If you never use the controller the chrome cast will work.

However it is worth noting that it is not like a firestick that has Netflix on the stick. You need to use your phone to stream to the Chromecast.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Giggernaut

I already have an account and signed up to the Lenovo deal. The redemption page leads me to belive existing accounts cab avail of this but nowhere on my account setting do I see a redeem voucher, and I didn't receive a redeemable code. Anyone shed some light?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭allybhoy

Out of stock on both links above...anyone experiencing the same?

I think you need to use the desktop website to redeem the code. Also the code itself appears in the URL on the Lenovo site. So you need to copy it from there.

It comes in and out of stock sporadically (it has been this price for a few weeks). Check it regularly if you want one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

I bought one on the 13th and then was out of stock until last night, got another. I used this to track the google store page for last few days and it emails you when the out of stock changes. Handy - https://sken.io/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

is there a free edition of stadia? if i dont want to pay monthly fee, any free games available?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭nicol

Sign in to your Stadia Account (I signed in on my laptop using Chrome).

Click on your avatar in the top right hand cornerand select Stadia Settings

Click on the Redeem Code link and paste the Code that you received from Lenovo.

I've had my free membershop extended from Fer to May with this code. So thanks to whoever add the link!! 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭TinCanMan

Yes there is. You don't get the free monthly games and the games are a bit more expensive to buy outright.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭long_b

Just FYI

The 3 months free Lenovo promo won't work if you've already had a 3 months free trial from another source.

Account ineligible to use this code

A similar offer has been used on this account

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭positron

Yep, and that's a bit of a pain tbh. Google themselves have realised this and have moved to "Google Android TV" thing that comes with a remote similar to that of Amazon Firestick. But that bundle is €70. I have been trying out various games in the pro subscriptions and it's okay / average. I am not a huge gamer anyway (my PS3 Battlefield days are long gone), I don't think I will be continuing the Stadia subscription beyond the trial period.

PS: It would have been sweet if Google would do some software update to make Chromecast + stadia controller to act same as the "Google Android TV" yoke, perhaps hardware limitations is stopping them from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,720 ✭✭✭Doodah7

To be honest, at this price, it's as good as a free trial of service. CEX will give you back what you paid for the Chromecast and controller if you don't like it so no-one will be out of pocket.

Edit: CEX offering €7 for the controller and €30 for the Chromecast Ultra. So four free months of Google Stadia and then a €15 profit. Splendid!

I have the Google TV stick too. It is much better but also much more limited. Not all android apps are available on the Google TV stick. With the Chromecast if it's on your phone it's on the TV. But the downside is you need your phone running the contents.

Are you finding the games average or the experience. Because it should be on a par with a PS5. Stadia is next Gen. But most of the pro games are average in fairness. One or two worth a bash.

Journey to the savage planet is brilliant. Very funny and not too difficult. Easy to hop in and out of.

Dirt 5 is a great racer.

Control is good.

And 2K21 Golf is very good.

Steam world heist is good too.

Also remember that you don't need the pro subscription unless you want the free games.

You can play any games you buy on the free service. The free to play games also work. Destiny 2 for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭radius345

There are currently six free games which you don't need to pay a penny to play.

Crayta

Destiny 2

Hitman - Starter Pack

Nine to Five - Early Access

Super Bomberman R Online

Super Animal Royale

I have been a PRO subscriber for over 12 months now and I think it's excellent value tbh. If you are a PRO subscriber you get access to 40+ games which you can 'claim'. Once you claim a game you will never lose it as long as you subscribe to PRO. If you unsubscribe obviously you lose access to those games but crucially if you ever resub, you get access to all those games again, even if they have left PRO.

Overall I think it is a superb service, I had been a lapsed gamer and am back into gaming in a big way as a result of Stadia. It is fantastic to be able to play what I want, when I want and where I want. The flexibility of Stadia is one of it's strengths - you can play on your phone, on a tablet, on your laptop, on your TV, whatever. It's a big thumbs up from me.

The list of current claimable PRO games is here: https://www.androidcentral.com/heres-every-game-available-free-google-stadia-pro

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭piplip87

Download the phone to TV app on both the Chromecast Ultra and your phone. Download the APK you want to send over from APK mirror on your phone don't install it. Go to the app on the phone and click send, while having the app open at receive on the chromecast and send it over and install. It works with any android app

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 Scag Mattress

I ordered the bundle a while back and got 2 bundles in the post so a big win.

I would be very weary of buying anything on stadia .

I can see google canning the service at some stage and you'll be left with nadda .

Advertisement