Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello All, This is just a friendly reminder to read the Forum Charter where you wish to post before posting in it. :)

Putting a quick attachment on slurry tank

• 19-12-2021 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭ Sugarbowl

Looking for some advice here… looking to change the attachment on the slurry tank to a quick attach type. I see McCabe feeds have them to buy online. Has anyone any thoughts on them? Does it make a difference to go with the Perrot v Italian model? Was thinking of going with this https://www.mccabefeeds.com/product/slurry-coupling-perrot-qattach-fem

we have a clip on type on the tank currently and find it slows me down.

Any advice appreciated

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,248 Mod ✭✭✭✭ blue5000

You will have to change the neck of the fill pipe as well. Keep the old one, you can weld a 4 inch spout to it for a wash down hose that goes on where the splash plate clips on.

I think the 4 holes are standard where the coupler bolts on, maybe get a new gasket and bolts as well when you buy it.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,935 ✭✭✭ funkey_monkey

We have the Perrot type on our Abbey - I think Abbey mostly/exclusively use that type. Not sure about the others - take a look at their websites and see what is there.

I don't see much adv/disadv between each of these quick attach styles - it is the same style of fitting although the male/female is reversed between them. I'd probably go for Perrot as that is the one I'm used to and no other reason than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭ timple23

Measure the diameter of the hole that goes into the barrel of the tank, those fittings come in 4 or 6 inch diameter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭ cjpm

Very unlikely to be a 4” as you’d be ages filling a tank.

Go with the one in the original post, they are the best and easiest to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭ cute geoge

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭ Sugarbowl

Thanks for your thoughts. Think I’ll go with it.. I get the male attachment for the slurry hose so isn’t it?

Looking forward to fixing it up, used to slow me down big time with one I have. Was fussy in how you lined up with it and would only click on at a certain angle.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,935 ✭✭✭ funkey_monkey

Yup - that looks right.

Advertisement