Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Regular banging sounds from Oranmore direction?

Options
  • 19-12-2021 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hi all,

Anyone know what the constant, muffled, explosive sound from around Oranmore area (I think) is?

Been happening since earlier in the week and goes off every few minutes... It sounds to me like rock blasting but it's going today as well which I wouldn't have expected.

Any ideas what's going on?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭MenloPete

Crow scarer maybe...? Usually set to go off every five minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 7,698 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

The teenager in me instantly thought "your oul wan"

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Deep_Six

I wondered that but they're shouldn't be any need for one of those this time of year.

Heard it again all day, a low dull thud off in the distance in the direction of Oranmore (I'm in Renmore)

I don't know, maybe it's nothing and I'm going a bit mad

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭thesandeman

Are you near the barracks?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭dmc17

Heard a similar noise last week whilst out in Renville. Seemed to be coming from across the water around Ardfry Castle direction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭Unrealistic

Isn't the army firing range still out there? I remember having great fun there as teenager firing the antique rifles and machine guns that the FCA (Army Reserve) were issued with at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

they are commonly used at this time of year , winter barely - wheat

dreadful things altogether , should be banned

Advertisement