Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can a taxi driver smoke in his or her car?

Options
  • 16-12-2021 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭

Since a taxi is a "work place" and essentially a form of public transport, I imagine that they are forbidden from smoking in their vehicles.

When parked up, I observed a taxi with an arm outstretched from the driver side window and puffs of smoke coming out. Minutes later, the butt was thrown out the window.

I have it on dash camera. I am considering reporting the driver to the council or litter warden and whoever deals with breaches of smoking regulations. I have crystal clear footage of the registration plate, the taxi plate number and an image of the driver getting into his vehicle. This was at a drive through car park.

Would you report in the same situation?

Comments

Advertisement