Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIP renewal?

Options
  • 17-12-2021 10:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 39

I got AIP last July, but unfortunately due to house prices and lack of supply, I only bid on one property that was suitable in this time and was outbid.

What’s the “norm” here? Do folk resubmit everything every 6 months until they hopefully make a house purchase? Is there any limit to the amount of times I can do this?

I’m with a broker.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Emma2019

Yes you can resubmit as many times as you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 MayaMaya

Thanks Emma.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭WacoKid

Renewing for the same approved amount is straight forward and just requires some updated bank statements sent to your broker. You can renew as many times as you wish.

If however you increase the amount in your AIP you'll have to go through most of the original process again.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 MayaMaya

Ideal. Thanks.

The amount won’t change but I wasn’t sure if a broker would be ok with continuing this paperwork when I’m not closing a sale. Hopefully I’ll find the right house soon be he’ll get his commission.

Advertisement