Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

People who reluctantly got vaccinated, how has your life been affected?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭generic_throwaway

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭generic_throwaway

There is no 'medium' or 'long term' reaction to vaccines (unless you count not having severe COVID injuries as a reaction). That's not how vaccines work. Within a week or two, there isn't a trace of the vaccine left in your body.

Got it done in October.

Got a 24 hour serious pain in the front of my head 5 days after. One evening until the next.

Ever since my head hasnt felt right, mainly in that same area, mainly a feeling but if it moves to the opposite side its a mild pain(0.5 from 10 pain), it spends 99% on the the right side though.

Might feel it 70% of the time.

My GP reckoned the shots can cause nerve issues in your head that ease after 3/4 weeks... been two months now.

Was it the jab, improper jabbing, unrelated and just a coincidence.. who knows but the timing has turned me off the 3rd one.

Certainly won't be taking another and they can take their Covid pass in March(they've said as much already), forcing people to take two was bad enough, but continuously moving the goalposts(unvaccinated again soon)is just plain wrong.

Anyone who wants to take the 3rd, should do so... but life needs to go on for the rest of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,336 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

They won't go bust when the majority have the covid pass. For those who don't, they can simply get tested as an alternative option to get the pass based on that. Don't want to do their part for the greater good of society, that's their prerogative, but I've no sympathy. If it wasn't for the rest of us doing our part, the country would be hugely locked down.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭quokula

Yeah I've used mine countless times too, I'd be wary of anywhere that didn't ask. Aside from putting customers more at risk of covid, when they show that kind of negligence on something so simple and visible imagine what kind of shortcuts they could be taking in the back with your food and kitchen hygiene.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭DLink

Hah, you said the greater good... Funny man, stop watching Hot Fuzz :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,158 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

There is nothing funny about it beyond your lack of understanding….

This is a game of large numbers. Statistically a vaccinated population represents a lower threat to society as a whole and to the workforce from an economic point of view. Your individual rights will be respected to the point that your lifestyle choices are perceived to or actually impact everyone else, at that point you can fully expect your options will be limited. Patience is running out and we are approaching that point.

if you find that amusing…..

I do find it funny, watching people drinking the Kool-Aid, buying the propaganda and using the greater good excuse to erode our rights. People die all the time, deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,552 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Why are they pushing vaccinations and the COVID pass then? If not for public health, what?

Ass covering for their failures with the health system... make the vaccines truly optional then we can talk.

With a country that is fully vaccinated all the covid passes do is add more hassle for people who are vaccinated, and marginalise those who are not vaccinated.

If you can't see that the covid pass is a method of coercion & control, sold under the guise of "the greater good" and "protect the vulnerable", then there's no point talking. All that restrictions & passes do is add extra hassle for everyone.

We all lose. New normal my hole.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,619 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

This is so telling. The reluctant that have been vaccinated are having all sorts of side affects, yet everyone I know that willingly got the jab had none.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

I'm no doctor but it doesn't seem impossible that heart palpitations could just be their body having anxiety about getting a vaccine they feel deep down is going to be bad for them.

If you can't see that the covid pass is a method of coercion & control, sold under the guise of "the greater good" and "protect the vulnerable", then there's no point talking.

Who wants that control and why? What is their endgame? Keep the passes around forever and then?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I'd say the same of a large percentage of long covid sufferers too.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

The government want the control, obviously. It's not like airlines, pubs, gyms & cinemas voluntarily introduced them.

As for why and the end game?

Well, that's getting into conspiracy theory territory... while initially it's to protect our shambles of a health service and force us to get the vaccine to try and buy it some breathing room, now that the can of worms has been opened it's obvious for one and all to see that we as a people will gladly sacrifice our freedom for safety, and the covid passes can be expanded to cover anything else they desire, once they can slap a public health / greater good sticker on it.

Yep, definitely CT territory at this point, best leave it there :) If you can enunciate your theory, there is a forum for it but probably best not to accuse people of drinking the kool-aid on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭foxsake

I don't think the vaccines are *that* safe nor are they close to as effective as they were made out to be - If they didn't know how effective they were , how do they know how safe they are? sure probably not gonna cause immediate death but I'd be happier to wait a few years until i need it and the reward is worth the risk

if that has me taking pcr tests so be it.

I'd also be suspicious why recovered immunity is being ignored and the recovered are being hounded to get the vaccine - why does the pass last for 6 months

only people I know who had a rough covid that were in hospital or had a chance of hospital were people who weren't in good nick. the people who I know got bad side effects from jab were in good nick who i know through mma and gym. I appear to be in good health so decided to take my chances with the chinese protein spikes over the bill gates magic juice .

paid off

bar the occasional encounter with a member of the moral high horse brigade I don't have any problems. Minor problem with gym recently but found a new spot and the gym lost a customer for life.

Also a final point, I object to the way vaccines are forced on people. the coercion of barring people from society for choosing to not take it disgusts me . Despite doing no research into whether it worked or not. It doesn't. It's (as admitted by Leo) just a tool to twist peoples arms into taking it. No basis in fact or science. That force won't work on me and would actually make me doubt the sincerity of the people behind the vaccine rollouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭aidoh

Wow! I'm so thankful that we clearly have so many medical doctors in this thread to take time away from being frontline heroes and kindly share their expertise.

I was also reluctant to get vaccinated and in the end went for the J&J. Had terrible reactions to it initially. Tunnel vision, faintness, very strong fever, proceeded by migraines and diarrhoea. Had 2-3 days of feeling like that.

Then I also got a strange fluttering heartbeat described by other posters which I had never experienced before. That sensation persisted for another week. Wasn't sore, just felt like there was a slight but ever-present pressure in my chest. Went to the GP about it, referred to A&E (not because it was something serious but because I have no private healthcare), had bloods done and it turned out I had the dreaded myocarditis.

Legitimately wasn't a big deal. Was told to take ibuprofen for a few days and it cleared up within days - it would've cleared up on it's own and had it not potentially been linked to the vaccine, my GP said they wouldn't have even sent me for bloods etc. as it's so common with viral infections. But the point remains that I got this from the vaccine and not from a natural infection. I know this for a fact because I took a blood test to see if I had C-19 antibodies (which I didn't) before deciding on whether or not to take the jab.

So to those who are belittling posters and snidely implying that their experienced side-effects are psychosomatic - stop it with the fvcking gaslighting.

Face up to the fact that, for some people at least, the cure has been worse than the disease would have ever been. If you feel uncomfortable that the "100% safe and effective" vaccine is nether 100% safe or 100% effective, then that is your problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭CrabRevolution

Similar to how 1000s of people with chronic lung diseases have no issue wearing masks, but cranks and contrarians all claim to suffocate when they put one on.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

There's an element to that certainly, though all of my friends and family willingly got the jab and a fair number reported getting side effects. Mostly mild, hangover, fecked for 24 hours kinda thing. Though one got a very bad reaction, which involved his GP and outpatient hospital tests and point blank refused the second dose, or any others. Another couple were laid low by both and currently no way will they get a booster. There was only one who was very reluctant about them and I convinced them to get it(his missus is still a holdout. the only one I know). He had no side effects at all. One friend of mine got the Pfizer the day his age group came along and told me it was great, no side effects at all for him or his wife. After I got vaccinated he then admitted to me that it had fecked them both for a couple of days and he didn't tell me because he thought I might not get vaccinated if he had.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

This thread in a nutshell.

Person A: I had these symptoms after the vaccine.

Person B: No you didn't, all in your head you filthy anitvaxxer.

You're all insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,582 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Also, "Pro-Vac" people will complain less about minor side effects, they see the biggger picture. No pain, no Gain" etc

Maybe not "large" but certainly some. "Long COVID" seems quite like "Chronic Fatigue Syndrome", But i've never had either so not an expert.

Certainly.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,428 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

bullshit. You're saying that now but if you were in a ICU I'm pretty sure you'd happily walk back on that statement.

It just shows how much of a pussy people have become in the past 30-40 years.

100 years ago people had to live through a pandemic and 2 world wars which killed millions.

Today we have unprecedented levels of technology which means we can communicate face to face with people without leaving our house.

We have medical marvels that have delivered vaccines within a year helping to save millions more from dying. But blah blah I can't go to the pub etc.., but wait..I actually can, I can go to the shop for food, we're not starving to death etc etc.

People today are whining bitches.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭thefallingman

You might want to check your dates there Blazer.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,428 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Well 80-120 years.

i know there was milder versions of the Spanish flu in the 40s and 50s etc but you’d swear people were locked and nailed into their houses with the way some people go on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

I don't doubt your story or the severity but for every incidence of bad vaccine reactions, there are many multiple incidents of extreme reactions to covid up to and including death.

I know of young healthy people end up in ICU with COVID.

For me it is a fairly simple benefit risk analysis and the vaccine is clearly much safer. 90 plus percent of the population have been vaccinated, serious effects are minimal. Less than 15% of the population caught and the health system was brought to it's knees.

If risks from vaccine were anyway comparable to risk from COVID those figures would be drastically different.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

I'm fully vaccinated myself.

But, for anyone under 35 ish, the side effects from the vaccine (nausea etc) is just as severe as the symptoms they are likely to face from Covid, if any at that age. Ie people under 35 of normal weight and no health conditions won't be at any risk from Covid

My local pool and gym is empty since the covid certs were brought in last week for those places, regular young gym goers didn't seem to want (or likely need) the vaccine.

There is also an interesting topic of professional footballers who have developed serious heart issues since the start of the year.

There is no link either proven or disproven between the vaccine, (yet) but the experts have accepted their is a risk for younger males

Additionally, the data show that the increased risk of myocarditis after vaccination is highest in younger males.”

So, while I'm vaccinated, I completely understand why some aren't.

In fact I'm shocked at the uptake level of the vaccine tbh

It's also important to remember when talking about covid and vaccine risks, that you have to actually get covid to be included in the risk group.

Only 1 in 10 people in Ireland have had a positive test in 2 years. So both the risk from Covid and the chances of getting it are small.

But everyone has to get the vaccine.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 johnboy1298

The big pain I have with the vaccine is how having it seems to be almost no benefit, still stuck dealing with nonsense restrictions. I never felt I needed it & still have an issue with having to get it to live normally, lo and behold got it and now we're still at the same crap we were at this time last year.

The vaccine or coronavirus arent issues for me at this stage it's idiot politicians trying to make out like they have a clue what they're doing and making peoples lives hard for what is continually transpiring to be no reason. That's the real problem in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Had the vaccine, most unlikely to get a booster - especially because of the mRNA only option. It's fair to say that the vaccine is not having much effect in reducing transmission - especially post 10 weeks - means for me it is a total waste of time for anyone relatively fit and healthy U60. The vaccines and especially boosters would be better spent/administered in countries where there is low vaccine uptake.

I had Covid in the very beginning and the vaccine repeated the exact same symptoms, albeit the time spent with symptoms was shorter after the vaccine.

I get the feeling that the sudden rush to boost the sun, moon and stars is because omicron is going to give everyone natural immunity anyways, though that might more for the CT forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

Palpitations at night, have always had a very low rhr and it's quite noticeable at times.

Bouts of migraines, could go for a few days at a spell.

Never had covid or symptoms.

Advertisement