Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The return of Grainne Seoige

• 14-12-2021 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Grainne Seoige is obviously doing dancing with the stars in the hope that it will lead to an new TV gig. Is there a reason why RTE could never find a permanent place for her when they had her under contract ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Dr Fred

She’s looking a bit old these days. A younger fresher lass would be a better option.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,811 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Something about her I could never warm to.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,897 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Didn't she return from SA recently or was it the sister, I care less eitherway, I only noticed (not cared) when I saw an Advertisement (sorry article) in the indo about a new business she and hubby were terribly excited opening, I guess that didn't go well. You know things are bad when the indo plucks out a former personality and does a Feature (Advertising Plug) or worse still Barry Egan fawning over someone we vaguely remember from the past .

Doing this utter rubbish dancing with the stars can only mean one thing and it goes down hill from there.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭leath_dub

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

someone close to me bought an engagement ring off her , very personable at time of purchase and well priced but very disappointing after service , no willingness to engage properly and a slightly contemptuous attitude when contacted about merchandise complaints .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭techman1

Yes still a fine woman but her brand was really that of the ice queen, unfortunately you cannot continue that into middle age. Her good looks were a lot of her appeal, that's always the issue though for attractive women it's very difficult to still trade off that as you get older, you need to be established by age 40.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

She never really had any personality to speak of but she was nice to look at.

And the living with lucy episode with her just enforced that no personality thing.

And her looks are fading now, so its dancing with the stars all the way from here on in.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,238 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Internally at RTE she did have the nickname 'The Ice Queen' in fairness. She's not welcoming and 100% not sincere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,941 ✭✭✭kravmaga

Never warmed to her, too fake, not sincere, no personality, everything was very forced, things obviously didnt work out for her and hubby in SA.

Now that she is back in IR, trying her best to break back into TV

Herself and George Hook, on "The Panel", was cringe of the highest order

If you have Hook on, you know what to expect, and she went full on serious for the whole thing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Couldn't stand her, never thought of her as a looker either, always caked in make up - looked a bit like a living Mannequin

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

ive met her in person , she is very good looking

• Registered Users Posts: 4,803 ✭✭✭gifted

Good looking.....acts above her station....talentless.......she'll always get work with RTE....its just the way it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,909 ✭✭✭Furze99

Unless I'm confusing with someone else, I seem to recall one of her previous co presenters being less than enthusiastic about their working relationship.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭JJKC

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭JJKC

I agree that she came across as a tad cold and monotone but so is Clare Byrne and she climbed the ladder to the top in RTE

• Registered Users Posts: 60,184 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

With Samantha Mumba and Nadine Coyle on that singing show it feels like RTE are stuck in 2001 not 2021 when they are looking at z list celebrity talent.

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭banoffe2

I remember her "catfight" with Mairead on the Panel. The same kind of rubbish you get with those manufactured feuds on talent shows between judges except she was literally reading from a script.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,688 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Wasn't she pocketing the rent from her house in Wicklow instead of using it to pay the mortgage?

• Advertisement

i thought that was pretty good to be honest. I know it was scripted but still. I think career wise where Grainne slipped up was not going into Sky news proper in London, I think that was open to her but she chose to stay in Ireland and the goldfish bowl that is the Dublin tv land. She was probably a bit too glam for RTE back then and maybe some of the powers that be in RTE land were a bit jealous of her

Well she's not really a looker now and only has a fading RTE past history to trade on.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,941 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I didn't like her on Up For the Match. You need a presenter with inside out knowledge of the game and sorry but I don't think Grainne had that.

Des on the other hand was the real deal.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

Worked with her a few years back and found her to be really open and friendly. I got the not totally sincere vibe, but as long as someone isn't an asshole, that's not a big deal.

yea i agree, that didn't suit her at all, I think she made a few bad moves alright, maybe that was all that was thrown to her by RTE then. Why did she not get on the RTE news as a newscaster though, I wonder was there a bit of a bitchy element in RTE that worked against her

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭TheRef

There is a tremendous amount of sexist and some downright nasty comments in this thread.

Most the folks have never met her but seem quite comfortable to speak about her off screen personality.

Most the comments about how "good looking" she is or was just highlights what the posters expect of a woman in media. What difference does it make whether she is pretty or not? You wouldn't make that comment about a man, would you?

And as for comments about "acting above her station", seriously?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Dr Fred

Good man! The thread was a bit light on the virtue signalling !

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

Met her once, socially, and found her to be a little rude.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,941 ✭✭✭Radio5

It will be interesting to see what happens for her after DWTS. I'd expected her to go to Virgin Media but they've cut so many 'entertainment' presenters in recent months that it's difficult to see that happening.

Mary Kennedy has done some promo pr type programmes for RTE & TG4 lately about working in the West of Ireland, things that Grainne might have had a chance of in the past.

Advertisement