Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heat recovery

Options
  • 15-12-2021 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

So I got heat recovery installed the boys finished hooking it up today.I had the dyer on for about an hour and there was condensation on window and walls were sweating a bit is this normal thought the whole point of heat recovery was it eliminates this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,683 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Ask the installers.... Its just in. They probably bed to come back and do some. Balancing I'm sure it wasn't cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

How new is your house? Could there be other sources of moisture already present?

Where is the extract vent in relation to where your dryer is?

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Blues14

The house was built in 2006 the vent is across from dryer

And the condensation is just in that room? Is it a utility?

I'd call them about it tomorrow and talk to them. See what the story is with balancing.

Have you had issues with the bathroom after a shower or anything?

Yeah took a shower to see it’s a small enough bathroom is it like a instant thing or does it take a while to clear there was steam on windows

• Advertisement

Takes a while for steam to clear from my bathroom, but no more than ten mins for a standard enough shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,735 ✭✭✭10-10-20

What type of dryer pumps moist air into the living space in this day and age? How old and what type of dryer is it?

Mine is 15 years old and is a condensing type, circulating the moist air internally. It itself gives out warm but dry air, which is why I ask about yours. The only time that I have condensation in the back-hall is when there is a crap-load of wet washing hung up in the same room and it's having the moisture whipped off it by the dryer's output.

Oh yeah, I forgot about the type of dryer! We don't use one ourselves for environmental reasons.

It’s one of those dyres that collects the water it’s only a year old

They balanced it I saw them do it they said it was running how it sud

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Biker1

Did they provide you with the commissioning cert showing the flow rates. It may have been balanced but that doesn't mean the extract rates are correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,735 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Either the source of the humidity is the dryer, or it's not. Did you have wet items hanging up in the room too? I'd be investigating that as well as following the advice on here about getting the system properly commissioned.

Advertisement