Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

AGM OR EFB BATTERY MERCEDES?

Options
  • 13-12-2021 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭

Hi,

so found out today even tho my car dosent have stop/start function, have a regular battery in it but it drains in a matter of days. for some god unknown reason the car requires a stop start battery, its a 2010 e class 2.2, pricing around and getting various different prices, seems the efb battery is alot cheaper, but im wondering can i use it instead oif the agm battery? any advise is appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭celica1994

*2.1 sorry not 2.2

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Have you any way of finding out what the correct battery is?

What exact battery do you have now?

currently a 70ah standard, but it drains in 3 days, and its only 1 year old, 2 auto factors today told me that the car needs a stop start battery reguardless if it has stop start function in the car cause of the electronics,

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Just did a quick check and it backs up what the motor factor guys are saying, AGM required regardless of whether it has stop-start.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,114 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Does the new battery need coding to the car? I know with BMW a new battery needs to be coded so that the car's battery management system correctly charges the battery.

• Advertisement

thanks for the reply guys, i did look it up, cant see anything bout it needing to be coded, i guess if you stick to the factory recomended 70ah, unless im going higher capacity i think i should be ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,114 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

That's not the case with BMW anyway. If a new battery (even identical to the one replaced) is not coded to the car then the car doesn't regulate how the battery functions correctly and it shortens the life span of the battery.

why im getting rid of my mercedes, kinda sick of these little annoyances haha

Advertisement