Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Charging Point for Disabled Person

Options
  • 14-12-2021 8:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Is there a standard that I can review/reference for a charging point for a disabled person/parking spot?

Thanks

TBG

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭innrain

Here is one dedicated. Not aware of a specific standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭zg3409

There is one disabled only charger in Dundrum see plugshare

At Ionity one space seems to be wheelchair friendly, but the charger itself is probably not very friendly screen height wise. You can see the flat kerb below

I am not aware of any standards. In reality every charging space should be disabled friendly as a bigger space is needed as different cars need to access the charger from different sides. Issue I see for disabled users is plugging into AC chargers tend to be high up and many chargers are on a concrete pedestal and screens are high up.

Advertisement