Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I stop my neighbours leaving the fire exit open?

• 12-12-2021 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭

I moved into my flat 2 years ago and I was unaware that there was a fire exit around the corner in the hall outside my flat. The other tenants use it as a main door and leave it open despite my asking of them to close it behind them. It blows in the wind and creaks and slams and it is very annoying. I said it to the landlord and he has not done anything about it, sure why would he cause inconvenience to many tenants to please one. I looked it up and there is no regulations against leaving them open just as long as they are kept clear. Is there anything I can do about this? I feel like I’m helpless in this situation.

Comments

Advertisement