Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cats go viral in social media…

Options
  • 10-12-2021 5:25pm

Last night I started an experiment after having posted a picture on my ordinary Twitter account I got about 40 likes, plenty of retweets and responses pretty quickly, waaaaay over the usual.

I was aware cats are popular on social media, but this really took me by surprise, and after setting up a new account for my cat at 7pm, it took off with very little effort. I will continue the experiment and see how far I can get, it’s kind of getting addictive.

This is only for a bit of a laugh, but if I were trying to market something, I realise that employing a cat would be extremely beneficial and lower marketing costs enormously.

This tweet is now nearing 600 likes. What is it about felines that makes them so marketable? Anyone else set up a similar pet account?

🐈‍⬛🐈😻

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,929 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

They’re all Russian bots, R. A few likes for your cat, you follow them, next thing you’re in a trench in Donbas.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,880 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Booboo just gained a new follower

cats are just great

that’s all there is to it.

Now maybe I could start a sideline in merchandise and take in a fortune 😂 What might I start selling?

219 followers now, 745 likes for one post.

I think it is that cats abuse simply by the very look of them. They are unpredictable and sort of half take themselves seriously. There’s so much negativity and bad news out there that when people light on something that just plain amuses, they want that on their feed interspersed with the serious stuff.

• Advertisement

We are at 311 followers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

• Registered Users Posts: 8,291 ✭✭✭BrianD3

There is a good youtube channel called meow meow - basically a woman who goes around petting and feeding street cats in, I think, Istanbul. Apparently there is a huge number of such cats in Turkey.

I don't know if she makes money from the channel but it certainly gets loads of views.

Was in Istanbul very recently and the locals are very enthusiastic about looking after both the street cats and the very friendly big, well-nourished street dogs. My tour guide carried food around with her, and would pay veterinary bills if any needed attending. The Turks adore animals.

The bottom one was coming up for a petting.

Advertisement