Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid and Giving Birth

Options
  • 11-12-2021 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

I’ve been researching what happens if you have covid and give birth but can’t find any clear answers.

Im basically terrified that I’ll get covid and then go into labour and they’ll take the baby off me…or even that I’ve had covid unknowingly and will test positive in the hospital. I’m fully vaccinated so I’m not even that worried about the effects of covid, I’m more worried about the idea of being separated from my baby. I haven’t even heard of cases of newborns getting very ill with covid but just wondering what the protocol is?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

You should contact your hospital and ask what their policy is.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Vaccinated30

If you follow denise_bethphillips on insta, she caught covid when close to delivery. She was admitted and induced and gave birth. She never was without the baby, and the baby was never tested. That was in The Coombe. She has a highlight on her page of it.

Anecdotally, I know a few with similar stories in The Rotunda too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,801 ✭✭✭appledrop

Personally I don't have a fear of them taking baby from me, don't think that could happen however I'm terrified my husband won't be allowed in with me if either of us has Covid.

Cant believe we are in this situation. When I found put pregnant in summer everyone was saying ah sure by the time baby comes all the restrictions will be over+ now looks like could be worse time ever to give birth!

I'm double vaccinated + husband triple vaccinated but seems to make no difference!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Actually someone I know had a baby recently and she was Covid positive. Her main worry was her husband testing positive as he wouldn’t be allowed in for the birth then. He remained negative. The baby was in an incubator but kept beside her at all times in an isolation ward. All fine with both Mam and baby and they were out in a few days.

Advertisement