Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A little look into the future

• 09-12-2021 9:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,719 ✭✭✭✭
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

This is working today. How just a small number of EV cars (just 10% of the total) can stabilise the grid using V2G through the common AC charge point every EV is equipped with.

Of course every country will need to implement this at a very large scale with renewable electricity providing more than 100% of the country's total electricity consumption. But you get the picture.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭silver_sky

Imagine the possibilities. I see in other countries utilities are starting to bill based on kW and not just kWh. Being able to shave off the peaks for your home/office/building by utilising bidirectional charging could be a thing. It could also be used for the likes of park and ride facilities. Plug in your car before your commute and power the luas/dart/train. 🤣

I would say it definitely needs to be explored here but realistically the only way it would get anywhere is with a private company. If ESB had any hand in it then you could be guaranteed it'd be a mess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,223 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

We already bill for kW.

If you're a commercial customer (especially anything above LVMD) you'll know the significance of the peak demand charges.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭silver_sky

I meant to clarify the above was related to residential. I know it's already a thing for commercial consumers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭celtic_oz

surely something like this would be ideal for the long term car park in Dublin airport, would help run the entire airport building

Advertisement