Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commuting from Newbridge to Stephens green.

Options
  • 10-12-2021 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I have just got a new job based just off Stephens green and I live in newbridge kildare, I was wondering what would the best and cost efficient way of getting there. I work from 9-6.

I have my own car so could drive but parking seems to be a problem as no parking at work.

Could anyone tell me the best way to get there please? :)

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,025 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

Probably the train from Newbridge to Pearse Station, that’s about a 10 min walk from Stephen’s Green.

Go to Google maps, put in your exact start location and end location, hit public transport and change it to “Arrive by: 8:45”. It will tell you the best route then and what time to leave by to get there on time.

Driving is not a viable option, will take you twice as long as the train and cost a fortune in parking.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

If you are considering getting the train to Heuston, there is a bus (145 i think) that will drop you to the end of grafton street/Nassau Street but it takes ages.

Another option that's quicker but involves walking is getting the luas to jervis then walk over the hapenny bridge, up through temple bar, south William St etc.

Quickest way is probably to get a Dublin bike at heuston, go up the steep hill the the right of heuston/back of guinnesses, then cycle down to Thomas St and in through the liberties. Obviously weather permitting, you might have to go across the bridge outside heuston to get a bike also as they are always gone outside heuston. You could walk this route as well if you had the time, it's not a bad walk and mostly quiet

I did a similar commute from heuston and those were my 3 go to routes, but that was a good while ago so not sure if they are the best today

Advertisement