Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Book recommendations for a stocking filler?

• 10-12-2021 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

Anyone got any running related recommendations? Missus looking for something as a stocking filler from the kids. Haven't seen anything new recently that I haven't read so I thought some might have an idea (or get some from a thread)

In terms of good recommendations from what I have read;

The Perfect Mile by Neal Bascombe

Still my favorite running book of all time. Follows 3 athletes (yes 3,the forgotten Wes Santee in majority of discussions around the topic) in the pursuit of the first sub 4 mile and the culminating commonwealth (Empire) Games head to head.

Running with the Buffalos by Chris Lear

Follows the 1998 Colorado Buffalo's Cross Country season highs and lows in the build up to the US NCAA Championship. Good story and very good insight into one of the training of one of the longest serving US coaches both at collegiate and professional level (coaching a number of Olympic medalists) definitely a good insight into Arthur Lydiard style training if anyone has interest

I am sure others can name a few so I won't make an exhaustive list

Comments

Advertisement