Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Previous NCT fail.

Options
  • 09-12-2021 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭

Hi folks,

I recently bought a 2001 Micra k11, it has a valid tax disc but no NCT, the guy I bought it from says it failed on the front windows not opening due to regulator fails but didn't give me the fail sheet. As the registered owner can I obtain one?

I don't really suspect that there is much else wrong as he drove it probably 40 miles to me albeit on garage plates. The car is in great nick 47k miles but the paint (red) needs work because of peeling lacquer and a bodged diy spray over.

Thanks

Brendan.

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Have you checked for rust on the front cross member/slam bar? They all rust there and fail the NCT. It's not a deal breaker but I'd guess it's why the fail sheet isn't there.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

As the registered owner I'm sure they'll oblige providing you hand over the money...

NCT FAQs No.18 https://www.ncts.ie/1123/

For a replacement NCT Report, simply write in with car registration number, make and model and owner details along with the €15.50 fee to the Test Certificate Administrator at the above address. These fees may be subject to change

(Something that is free, online and instant for the MOT over the water)

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭topazkk

Thanks for both of those guys, I haven't checked that bar from underneath but it looks and feels pretty sound from the top.

I must do that, charging for it is as Irish as it comes though.

Advertisement