Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello All, This is just a friendly reminder to read the Forum Charter where you wish to post before posting in it. :)

Gift for my mam?

• 07-12-2021 10:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ lcstress2012

She’s so difficult to buy for! I’m a 27 yo male looking for a simple gift for my mam. Was going to buy her a candle but thought that’s too boring 🙄 what would you buy, please give me ideas!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 21,253 CMod ✭✭✭✭ Pawwed Rig

It depends what she likes No?

If you are just talking about bland and generic then sure a candle, flowers, chocolates (assuming she likes chocolates and is not allergic to flowers).

My own mother I would have bought her something Formula 1 or crossword related but they may not be something your mother would be interested in.

Google Home Hub is a decent product.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,652 ✭✭✭ TRS30

Perfume or a scarf maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭ gidget

Does she go to the hairdresser regularly, maybe a gift voucher for that or for a beauty treatment in a salon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭ CheerLouth

Have a look at George & Milly....she does lovely gifts & I'm pretty sure she had a gift guide up on her Instagram the other day...she stocks lovely products...

The Handmade Soap Company do lovely sets too...

Esker Fields do nice creams & lotions too

Or as already suggested, voucher for the chemist or a hairdressers is always a good one

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭ SourSessions

I have one extremely difficult to buy for family member (no interests or hobbies or mass on household things because she just rents a room) so unless she happens to mention something off hand during the year that sparks an idea, I always go with a hairdresser voucher. At least I know she'll use it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭ hblock21

If she lives in the countryside with little or no lighting then have a think about a hat with a light!

https://www.amazon.com/Etsfmoa-Unisex-Beanie-Father-Rechargeable/dp/B09L2DWX56

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭ SourSessions

That's coming from Amazon US and doesn't even ship to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭ tscul32

They have them in Dunnes - I got one for the OH for his birthday. He wears it when walking the dog in the dark so he can see what needs to be picked up

• Depending on your means, a Kindle if she’s a reader. A Fitbit, if she’s active. A subscription to a concert or music venue. A years membership to OPW sites if interested in history. A years membership to a racecourse if interested in racing. A season ticket to her favourite GAA team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭ Snails pace

I got my mam a subscription for Spotify even though she never used it. She loves it now

Advertisement