Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gift for my mam?

• 07-12-2021 11:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭

She’s so difficult to buy for! I’m a 27 yo male looking for a simple gift for my mam. Was going to buy her a candle but thought that’s too boring 🙄 what would you buy, please give me ideas!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,289 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

It depends what she likes No?

If you are just talking about bland and generic then sure a candle, flowers, chocolates (assuming she likes chocolates and is not allergic to flowers).

My own mother I would have bought her something Formula 1 or crossword related but they may not be something your mother would be interested in.

Google Home Hub is a decent product.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Perfume or a scarf maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭gidget

Does she go to the hairdresser regularly, maybe a gift voucher for that or for a beauty treatment in a salon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Have a look at George & Milly....she does lovely gifts & I'm pretty sure she had a gift guide up on her Instagram the other day...she stocks lovely products...

The Handmade Soap Company do lovely sets too...

Esker Fields do nice creams & lotions too

Or as already suggested, voucher for the chemist or a hairdressers is always a good one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭SourSessions

I have one extremely difficult to buy for family member (no interests or hobbies or mass on household things because she just rents a room) so unless she happens to mention something off hand during the year that sparks an idea, I always go with a hairdresser voucher. At least I know she'll use it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭hblock21

If she lives in the countryside with little or no lighting then have a think about a hat with a light!

https://www.amazon.com/Etsfmoa-Unisex-Beanie-Father-Rechargeable/dp/B09L2DWX56

• Registered Users Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭SourSessions

That's coming from Amazon US and doesn't even ship to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,378 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Vouchers for something like afternoon tea or a whiskey tasting experience,gig tickets etc

My dad is a nightmare to buy for so usually I bring him on a day out. Even went and did the "Dead Interesting" tour of Glasnevin cemetery for his birthday in 2020. He was glad he wasn't being brought to pick out a plot!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭tscul32

They have them in Dunnes - I got one for the OH for his birthday. He wears it when walking the dog in the dark so he can see what needs to be picked up

Depending on your means, a Kindle if she’s a reader. A Fitbit, if she’s active. A subscription to a concert or music venue. A years membership to OPW sites if interested in history. A years membership to a racecourse if interested in racing. A season ticket to her favourite GAA team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Snails pace

I got my mam a subscription for Spotify even though she never used it. She loves it now

Advertisement