Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LinkedIn question

Options
  • 06-12-2021 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi all,

Im currently in a job where I’m not entirely happy, here a few years and no room for advancing within this job.

Looked up job sites etc but not seeing much in what I want to do, so was thinking of doing a post on LinkedIn seeing if anyone could help me out and maybe build my network there. maybe put me in touch with a few recruiters.

Just wondering can my current job do anything as I’d be basically posting saying I’m looking for new work / looking to advance my career

Comments

I don't think they can do anything, but depending on your what your coworkers are like it might be uncomfortable if people find out. Not the end of the world obviously, but it might be more discreet and more effective to target people that can/will help you.

You can also set your profile to appear open to work for recruiters, while not showing it to all users.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,009 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

On LinkedIn you can make the "open to work" setting only visible to people with the recruiter product.

Thus only recruiters who are paying for that service on LinkedIn will see that you are open to work, not just your regular LinkedIn account like colleagues or your boss.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭NiceFella

I think you can choose who you want to display the post to before you send it. So you could take out all your current colleagues.

Personally I wouldn't give a sh*te if a fellow work colleague wanted out but perhaps management would.

All power to you.

Advertisement