Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Requirements for valid disabled parking spot

Options
  • 06-12-2021 2:36pm

My oul fella is tipping 80, and for health reasons would be entitled to a disabled parking spot. However, for reasons best known to himself, he refuses to do the application.

He got a parking fine recently for parking in a disabled on-street parking spot in town. The spot was put in front of a doctor's surgery which has not operated as a doctor's surgery in years. He insists that it's not a valid disabled spot as there's no street sign as required by law, and that he would never park in a disabled spot. I wasn't able to find anything to state that a sign was a requirement for a disabled spot to be "valid". The spot definitely does still has the white wheelchair symbol in white paint, but it's faded and so old that it never had the blue paint job done. Can anybody set the record straight on whether he needs to take his medicine or has grounds for an appeal.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,509 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

The 'sign' (RRM 015) mentioned in the legislation is the Disabled Symbol in paint on the ground. It may or may not be accompanied by a sign on a pole etc. The painted symbol is all that is necessary.

Thanks for that - that's exactly what I was looking for,

Advertisement