Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Cure - 3 Arena - 1st Dec 2022

• 06-12-2021 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

That's the Christmas present sorted .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭lizzylad84

Any word on ticket prices

• Registered Users Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I'll be after these tickets too. They were excellent at Malahide castle a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭IWWINFORMATION

Havent seen prices yet but I'd imagine it'll be high! MCD just put up a presales link on their Facebook page there!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,519 ✭✭✭Zardoz

• Registered Users Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭Stillill42

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭fafy

There is a 3 presale, starting Wednesday 9am,

MCD Presale starts Thursday 9am-register here for MCD Presale:

https://mcd.ie/competitions/the-cure-presale/

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭sabrewulf

Presale worked surprisingly smooth. Looking forward to this. Missed them playing EP and Malahide and haven't seen them live in 15 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 maccatori

Can you share the code? Been buying a few Cure tickets this morning but can't get the Dublin one and this is where I first saw them in 89 (what a night!).

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭psychozeb

Looking for a Belfast code if anyone can help I'd appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭creativedrinker

if anyone has a spare code for Dublin I’d much appreciate it, thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,158 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Got myself tickets this morning. Had regrets about not going to see them last time. Looking forward to it.

Lads delighted as I am to have got tickets this morning, is it only the tiered seating released in the presale?

Its standing & seats on the 3 presale, the standing allocation maybe already sold out, as the presale has being going for over 2 hours now, i normally go for standing, but i have noticed the seats are always brutal on the 3 Presale, mainly on the extreme left & right of the stage

Its roughly 10% of all tickets to all events are on the 3 presale, its actually not a lot, maybe 1,500, where a gig is floor standing, so if 750 people buy 2 each, the allocation is gone. If its an allseated gig, it drops down to only about 1,000 tickets in total

• Registered Users Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I've two seated tickets and I'm delighted.I only got into the Cure in the last 5 years so it'll only be my second time seeing them live.

Great, great band, am skipping them this time around, as i reckon there will be loads of gigs, to choose from in 2nd half of next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,525 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Seen them twice in blistering heat and loved both gigs. Looking forward to seeing them indoors! Tickets for Dublin abd Belfast!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,431 ✭✭✭Penfailed

I've tickets for Belfast. Yay!

Gigs '21 - Stendhal Festival (July), Stendhal Festival (August), [s]Liam Gallagher & Idles[/s], King Kong Company, Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs, The Undertones, And So I Watch You From Afar

Gigs '22 - And So I Watch You From Afar, Teenage Fanclub, Mogwai, Stendhal Festival, The Fratellis, Clutch, Kurt Vile & The Violators, Electric Picnic, Vantastival, The Cure, And So I Watch You From Afar

Gigs '23 - Stiff Little Fingers, The Wood Burning Savages, Bob Log III, David Kitt, Ludovico Einaudi, DADDY LONG LEGS, The Prodigy, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, The Murder Capital, PJ Harvey, The Bonnevilles (w/Amy Montgomery, Rews, New Pagans), The Undertones (w/Buzzcocks), And So I Watch You From Afar

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Funny. I saw them a few years ago, outside, in blistering heat (Southern US) and they were very disappointing. Robert's mascara started running and you could see the five o clock shadow underneath, all on the big screen. They didn't like the heat one bit. Left early with a mate (also a Cure fan) as the whole thing was off putting. I hope they would be more comfortable and energetic indoors, but at that price I wonder is it really worth it. Great band though w/ a pretty unique sound. I'd love to see them do an acoustic set, indoors, preferably in the gaff. :)

I can just picture Robert melting like Steve Staunton in the Florida sun. Allowances have to be made, Meep Meep. Be fair. The Cure were never meant for the sun. I've only seen them outdoors, their epic 3 hour extravaganza at EP and in Malahide the last time they were over and they were bloody magnificent. They'll be great. Worth every penny.

• Advertisement

That is very true. Not made for the sun. They looked like they were melting. The only thing holding firm was their Reading FC flag :D

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭holly8

is this sold out?

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭skaface

Looking like it on Ticketmaster.. They usually keep back a number of tkts for nearer the concert, also keep an eye.. Probably be resale tkts available during the year.. Bagged 2 myself as a present for Christmas, so looking forward to it next year.. Fingers crossed 🙄😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1 EntroFlux

Yo! Dubs! Need a Pair of Tickets!! Back in the States now but lived in Dublin for Ages…my missus && I were married there…ready for it …Dec 1 2006…that makes the show out 16th Anniversary….&& The Cute is her favorite band…not been home for a Visit since 2018 so it’s time…Please help me find some tickets 😘

Shout out to the North Side !!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Jean74

I have 4 tickets for Thursday night the 1st of December 2&2. Will sell in pairs if needed. Contact ASAP

• Registered Users Posts: 37,553 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Advertisement