Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Importing a 4X4 From Japan

• 02-12-2021 9:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭

I am looking at importing a Toyota Landcruiser (2015+) from Japan, what kind of money are you looking at for VRT plus shipping? Obviously there were no SWB Landcruiser's manufactured in Japan as I cannot find any.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭goochy

strange , you are thinking of an Amazon are you ? if not would have thought theres plenty of irish crew cabs around.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭farmer2018

No a swb landcrusier to covert to commercial. Can you still convert to crewcab?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,477 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

You are looking at

shipping

import duty

VAT

As it’s a passenger vehicle I’m not sure where you stand on registering it as commercial from the get-go.

passenger VRT will be quite high, as will NoX possibly.

I think VRT as commercial is still €200, and NoX doesn’t apply. Again, not sure what the process is to register as commercial as a fresh import.

I don’t think the value is there anyway, I’m seeing 2015 ones for €34000, say €35000 shipped, €38500 with duty, which is €47k with the VAT, which is the same price as a new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭farmer2018

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭goochy

You can get low cost car and van or kanes to crew cab. If it made sense to import from Japan you can be sure dealers would be doing it . Also you would have problems with resale . Japanese imports aren't common now like they were years ago likely to have those horrible wing mirrors also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭orm0nd

possible it won't be plated so could be an issue if pulled by the rsa while towing or laden with goods

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,785 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Weighs empty about 3.6 tonnes I’m reading..

Dont know about the VRT but any courier / shipping agent / company will charge you megabucks for something that heavy and the dimensions will come into play too as it will take up space on aircraft / ship...The quotes could vary massively the only way to find out is call direct....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Casati

You can be sure it will cost a fortune transporting it on an aircraft but unless the OP has his own metal I can't see that happening

Advertisement