Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Formula 1 Round 21 Saudia Arabia GP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭quokula

Fair play to Verstappen in the driver of the day interview and for walking off the podium. Someone has to stand up for what’s right and stop the sport going down the pan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,339 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

He didn’t all help the confusion that was there.

the only issue I have with Lewis from today was him questioning why there was a reed flag when they had to fix the Barrier,

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,174 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Max being called in , 40 minutes time.

I doubt it. Isn’t rose water used in some of the other Middle East tracks ?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Laughable that Max now is set to be penalised further, on top of having to give the place back twice and a five second penalty.

He's been summoned towards the stewards and no further action against Hamilton.

Total joke, Golden boy Hamilton has already won the title at this stage if Verstappen gets an additional penalty.

May as well give him the title now, the FIA can pop open the champagne knowing they got the outcome they want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,329 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

FIA doing their bit for Mercedes once again. He left an acre of space for Hamilton to take the place back but instead he ran into the back of Max. Yet it's Max who's getting called to the stewards!! Laughable.

Michael Schumacher still living rent free in Damon Hill's head all these years later. Guy is so bitter and biased.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Imagine if another driver did that.

The commentary around here would be a lot different.

Max lost the head far too many times in that race and it cost him. Nobody to blame but himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,292 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Is Lewis being called in to give his account?

From the overhead there is loads of room and I can't understand why Lewis followed him?

From the on-board I can't see any sudden movement to the right as was eluded to.

According to Sky the data is there to prove the data exists to get Max off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭M three

Anyone think the sky coverage is just a bit.....wierd?

Before the 1st restart they were in the face of verstappen and a red bull team member while they were clearly discussing confidential race strategy.

Then while the drivers were on the way to the podium a sky camera was again in the face of horner and 2 others while they were clearly discussing something confidential. Even the sky commentator described that moment as "trying to eavesdrop on red bull"

Sky/mercedes dirty tricks?

On replay absolutely shocking driving by Hamilton.

Haha love that from Hill to cover Lewis - "he may have been nervous putting himself alongside Max considering what has happened in the past"

Good to see that Paul Di Resta, despite being a crap analyst, is calling out the bull from Hill.

• Site Banned Posts: 20,686 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Hamilton should be called in too.

Red bull will surely launch a load of complaints

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Hijpo

So, its quite obvious now that the FIA can't stand Hamilton just as much as anyone else that isn't a Hamilton fan boy. Penalise Verstappen as much as it takes to hand Hamilton a dubious 8th title, leave him F*** off and retire and give everyone a break from his shite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,134 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Wouldnt be suprised if its a disqualification. Hes only been penalised twice already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

So if Max is not guilty then Lewis/Mercedes are and should be punished

Damon Hill absolutely spoofing.

Laughable yet entirely predicatable with the way the sport has been governed in recent times sadly. Mercedes have invested too much money for someone else to be allowed to win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,342 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Max is forcing him off the track in the last race. 100%.

• Advertisement

I am shocked at that from Hill,

"It does look to be like it is a less malicious move from Max than we first thought"

Sky are basically Mercedes’ PR department so it’s not surprising.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,174 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

If Max simply had a technical issue and slowed down, Lewis would have passed him, 100%

Instead he slowed down and drove into the back of Max.

Hamilton should be disqualified as he was more interested in taking a competitor out than passing him. The fact that he's more interested in playing dirty tricks than winning the race on the track tells you what kind of driver he is, win whatever means necessary, legally or not.

Good to see Damon Hill trying to spin it in any way to suit his biased view.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭kksaints

Pretty sure the cameras are world feed. Every broadcaster gets them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,648 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Di resta makes a good point, why would Hamilton slow down. If the guy ahead of you slows down unexpectedly you just go by him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,684 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Great spot by Anthony Davidson about both Max, and possibly Lewis, not wanting to be at the DRS line first when giving the place back.

I think Lewis messed up when hiring Max. Max's tyres just didn't have the life for the race distance. The finish line positions are right IMO.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Not sure why Verstappen just didn't let him by cleanly. He was never going to be allowed reovertake using DRS straight after. There is plenty of precedence for this in the past.

Max would probably get DSQ from the whole year to get Lewis the title.

I've an awful feeling that the remaining races will be decided off track anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 714 ✭✭✭ricimaki

Max being told to give the place back, and then getting a 5 second penalty is a joke.

Hamilton should have recognized Max was giving him the place. If Max had a problem and slowed down there, was Lewis just going to hit the back of him when there's plenty of space around him?

Realistically it doesn't make a difference to the end result with Max's tires going off, but had there been another safety car, it opens up more strategy options.

And nothing for Bottas backing max up behind the safety car... Very poor stewarding

Gutted for Ocon at the end, the camera's just barely caught it...

• Advertisement

Not a Lewis fan, but it would not be in his interest to take Max out and himself.

If Lewis didn't know that should not exonerate him from it - Why follow the car?

Again on another look absolutely shocking driving by Hamilton but FIA will do the bidding of Mercedes.

Why are the much more blatant and black and white clear incidents of deliberate cheating that Mercedes performed under the early safety cars not even being discussed?

Yet Max is being penalised five times over for a move where he braked a little late and then tried to give the place back to Hamilton (and “back” is a strong word given that Verstappen was ahead going into the corner)

Having viewed all the angles and footage I have a verdict -

Verstappen is NOT GUILTY!

Toto..... I don't remember....,.just fúck off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Needles73

Good man Toto, can tell us Max slowed accelerated and slowed but cannot answer why Lewis didn’t just overtake.

100% not Max's fault Mercedes can't communicate quickly enough to their driver

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Toto seems to have a bit of a reevaluation of the incident on that viewing. Quite marked the change in tone from when he walked on.

• Advertisement

yeah when a driver slows down due another issue the driver behind them doesn’t drive into them, they go passed them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,545 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Toto spoofing. The drivers were not told in the right way. No toto , Mercedes didn't let Lewis know. Red Bull told Max. You didn't tell Lewis. Its on Mercedes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,342 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

The fact is, Hamilton is hated by many fans, mainly for his dominance.

I don't like him. Just because I'm not really a fan of his personality. I think I'd want to punch him if I met him.

Max is a light at the end of the tunnel for many.

But I don't know how anyone watches that race and can think Verstappen doesn't deserve everything he gets. He drove like a lunatic.

Hamilton had some moments too, but there are degrees to things.

Thats what 90% of drivers would do.

The GOAT is unique.

And the other 5% is Mazepin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

People need to get a grip. Lewis clearly didn't know/think that Max was trying to give him the place back. I'm not entirely sure he was anyway but I'll give Max the benefit of the doubt.

As another poster pointed out, it was all window dressing anyway. His rubber was nearly gone and Lewis was always going to get him. Roll on the final race. Two geniuses level on points. Hope we get a great race.

All I can think is that Lewis is used to blue flags and Bottas getting right out of the way. He was never going to know that Max was letting him pass and got all confused - it was obviously a brake test that left him no option but to keep going into the back of him.

• Advertisement

The entire season has already been decided off track, from Hamilton being let off with hospitalising Max at Silverstone to the spurious penalty for Max at Qatar and the countless other bad decisions prior to today. The sport is not being governed fairly.

Amazingly the Spanish GP back in April remains the last race where Hamilton actually beat Verstappen in a straight race without penalties or crashes or other dirty tactics being involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,648 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Lazenby insisting that Sky are neutrals, with a straight face lol

Regardless of not getting the radio call, Hamilton saw the guy in front of him was slowing and he had an acre of space down the inside but instead he chose to ram the back of Max. Horrendous driving but FIA doing the bidding of Mercedes.

Damon Hill has Michael Schumacher still living rent free in his head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

It was exactly the thought in my head earlier. Max has shown he can be an unsafe driver who will throw himself into the way, he constantly gets a pass on it but its obvious that people need to be very tentative going past him. When he slowed down for no reason in the middle of the track I'm not surprised that whoever was following would not just take it at face value but would be suspicious about what he will do next.

I bet Hamilton fully expected that whichever side he went, that Verstappen would make a movement that side. Thats why Verstappen was in the middle of the track and not off to the side like would normally happen, it leaves that doubt about his real intentions. Hamilton should still have avoided contact but I can see the reason for the hesitancy that led to his mistake.

Whenever Hamilton goes past Verstappen anybody who says they don't hold their breath a little waiting for the contact is a liar. The reverse isn't true.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement