Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HEO job offer Case Officer

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

Maybe a bit too harsh haha .. but I’ve been in it a long time and I just want a change! 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭doc22

Case officer is definitely one of the nicer HEO roles in rural locations, other positions at HEO level might have an army of staff or tough gigs such as Revenue or SW inspectors.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,594 ✭✭✭billyhead

An Intreo office manager is a tough gig. I wouldn't fancy that one anyway.

Yeah everyone wants the case officer role and no one wants to be the intreo manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,594 ✭✭✭billyhead

The Community Welfare Officer role which is now at HEO grade wouldn't be easy either. I suppose it depends on where you are based though?

• Advertisement

CWO and SWI are dual roles in some areas(if not all), doesn't make sense to have two HEOs doing the same work assessing means

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭2021_AP

One thing to note on your query re reverting back, her department take her but not back to her old role as that most likely will have been filled already

I would say she should take it though, I got HEO a while ago after one previous failed attempt but a friend who is on the panel and will most likely get assigned early next year has previously gone for HEO 5 times, panelled the first time but turned it down due to location and failed to panel the next 4 times so I would always be cautious because of that

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Maximus_1

Thanks all for the feedback. I rang my mate last night who is an inspector in welfare and asked him about it. He said it's a nice gig where he is (again, rural) and he is in ways his own boss. He has great flexibility regarding hours and where he works/compiles reports etc, not stuck to the desk all day. Very occasionally gets some guff from a customer but most are grand. He said he's not the cops or revenue. He asks people for their means. Fills in the form and that's his job done.

Anyway I digress as I only rang him so they missus knew what she may have to do some time as was flagged on this thread. Looking like she is going to accept the role/promotion instead of wondering what if.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Maximus_1

Final update from mise. Missus Maximus has accepted the offer today. Fingers crossed now! Thanks for the feedback in the thread it was informative and did help.

Advertisement