Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Klaus (2019 Netflix)

Options
  • 24-12-2020 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,865 ✭✭✭✭

It's shown up on recommendation threads here and there but never had its own thread. And I for one think it deserves one. From a Spanish independent little production company, Spa studios, a beautiful 2d animated story about how the letters to Mr Klaus got started. Won the BAFTA for best animated feature, nominated for an Oscar ahead of Frozen 2, which was sweet because Frozen 2 was the main reason they couldn't find a distributor to put the film into cinemas.
    New classic and added to the must see at Christmas list in my house.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Full_Circle_81

Just watched it this year for the first time myself. Loved it! Very nicely done all round, with a great cast too. Initially the animation didn't impress, but as it went on I really warned to it. Couldn't recommend it enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,857 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah was a great film. Starts off slow enough but nice wee film.
    Even the parts that would normally be considered sad were so well done that they just felt right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭atr2002

Watched it this year and last with the kids. Winner all round.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,865 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Too soon to bring this film back out?

Post edited by flazio on

• Registered Users Posts: 33,143 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Really enjoyable, seen it last year based on a recommendation seen on Boards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,935 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Watching for the umpteenth time, it's really great, and I love the director has said there will categorically not be a sequel.

(Spoilers in the linked article below)

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Annual reminder to put this film on your watchlist.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,209 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Rewatched this over the weekend. A genuine modern classic.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭santana75

Cant wait to watch this again. What a film

• Registered Users Posts: 11,179 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I watched it again tonight. It really is a great movie.

Oddly enough I remember when I first watched it and thought it was just OK. Must not have been paying attention too much or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,857 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just finished watching this again. Still great. Not sure what it is exactly but it just all works.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

A film I half-watched over my wife's shoulder, and found myself absorbed by it about 30 minutes in. A real hidden gem I hope gains legs over the years.

Madness that I read Netflix cancelled this team's follow-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭santana75

I watched it again on Christmas day and honestly I enjoyed it even more on the 4th (I think) viewing. Its one of those films that gets better and better and word has slowly spread. I have friends who I told about this over 2 years ago who only watched it recently and loved it.

Oh, would you look at that, is that the time? Sorry. What were you saying?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,755 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Remains a fabulous wee Xmas movie, though also remains nuts there has been no follow-up(?) even if not from Netflix

• Registered Users Posts: 10,755 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Nuts, but also perfect.

Any sequel would dilute it, I think. Though I will admit I've thought that about many, many films and been proven wrong

Oh I just even mean a followup movie from the director or studio - cos I don't think there has been? Past me said netflix actually cancelled the follow-up movie, which reads insane!

Advertisement