Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tacx Bike Roller Noise

Options
  • 03-12-2021 10:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭

I got this roller a few months ago and since first had it it makes quite a lot of noise. There are only 1 or 2 videos on youtube saying that I have to tighten the 6 bolts really tight to try to stop the noise but it didnt make a difference. I then thought that it was because my tyres/wheels were slightly unture so straightened them and still make a lot of noise. Ive read that trying different tyres/wheels might work, but ive one bike that i want to use and train on and eventually get used to in tri bar position or really low racing position for extended periods.

Too much noise to listen to the radio at a reasonable level so need to use earphones which isnt ideal.

I have Giant Gavia tyres with alloy wheels.

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/tacx-galaxia-t1100-turbo-trainer-roller/rp-prod68512

thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,880 ✭✭✭cletus

Have you established where the noise is coming from? Tyre contact on the roller? Rough bearings? Contact being made somewhere it shouldn't?

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Euppy

I had a set that did similar and it appears to be a common issue.

From google searches it appeared to be that the bearings are loose. Tightening up the bolts didn't hold them in place for me. I did apply loctite to try and hold the bearing to the drum. This silenced them but pretty quickly the bearings worked themselves loose again.

I cant say for definite what your cause is but it sounds similar to me.

Anyway, I can confirm that i rode those noisey rollers for years with seemingly no impact on the roller performance or safety

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Jonesy101

No havent been able to properly establish, its very hard to determine exactly where its coming from. With this model the whole thing rocks back and forth in order to cycle better so thats another possibility for the noise. If i tighten the bolts too hard to get rid of the noise i could break it. Tightening seeing if it makes noise right away before it loosens could be the next step and see if glueing it is a temporary solution.

Advertisement