Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap bathroom suites

Options
  • 01-12-2021 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi anyone recommend trustworthy and valuable site for new bathroom suite?

Need new toilet , hand basin etc etc.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,568 ✭✭✭Treppen

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Bathrooms and cheap are two words that dont really go together. I suppose the likes of B&Q/Woodies are probably at the cheaper end of the scale. But you dont really see many bargains there either. From what Ive seen you are probably better off spending a bit more to get better quality than what they have.

OP if you are buying a lot of stuff together it might be worth your while looking at prices on websites up north and if there is a saving to be had (which Id expect) hiring a van to get it home. Might not work if you live way down south though.

Otherwise could only suggest asking bathroom shops if they ever have sales or discount ex display stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭FLOOPER

Just a suggestion. But I’d say items bought in NI could be delivered without issues.

i don’t know but I’m guessing anyway. A quick call would ensure.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

The weight would mean a pallet delivery which will be €70+ and prices are not great up there.

A local B&Q store or TJ O'Mahony might end up being the better value

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭almee

There are a lot of bathroom places around! Try Bathshack https://www.bathshack.com/ in the JFK Industrial Estate. Hardest part these days is getting the stuff that you want in stock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Hallaz

I got stuff here, i looked at their website and got prices, went to shop and they knocked a bit more off. Had to change a few items due to stock issues.

I checked online again before we ordered and noticed if you spend a certain amount online off over you get more percentage off which they honoured.

Their prices really go up and down so keep an eye as to whether a sale price is a sale price! If you sign up to newsletter i think you get code to use.

Delivery comes from Belfast on their own truck. It was a bit of an ordeal. They advised they can only deliver certain days for which i took a day off and they didn't arrive. When driver came they only had 15 of 23 items, some items where wrong and changed to different model (we weren't told but it was more expensive model so worked in my favour). Took 3 deliveries to get everything.

The quality of goods was fine compared to some of the other places we looked in the same area.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

OP, look no further. Ticks all your boxes. Just off Naas road. Unlikely to get cheaper; quality of their stuff has never been an issue for me. https://www.bathroomfactorystore.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

I back dodzy.

Them and bathshack will give you a good mix.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭FreshCoffee

I have done several bathroom/en-suite refurbs over the years and always gone to my local plumbers providers. They always have the basic sinks, toilets, showers & baths in stock and plenty of catalogues to pick any fancy stuff from. Always found them far cheaper than the fancy bathroom showrooms and also cheaper than B&Q/Woodies.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,031 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Missing the bargain alert here??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭bewhiched

I got all my bathroom stuff from MY LIFE newry saved about €2500 if I bought here....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Interesting as I was thinking of taking a scout up north myself. Can you give some examples, was the saving on like for like products or you just found it a lot cheaper overall? And did they deliver to you in the south?

When I did a floor a couple of years back I priced it at 1,450 here in a well known flooring company and ended up getting it for 900 delivered from the UK. Exact same product and £80 of that was a delivery charge for the pallet. It was quite the eye opener.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,637 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Thanks OP bought 3!

Advertisement