Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Never worked at 25

Options
  • 02-12-2021 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

I'm applying for some temp jobs during this Christmas online and handing out CV's. I haven't received any responses and my friend said that it might be because I've never worked at 25. I only entered college two years ago and had to repeat first year.

Would this stand against me finding jobs?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,048 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

For some jobs, yes - but not all. Perhaps you're aiming too high?

Some places like McDonald's or supermarkets wouldn't care though, if you don't mind working there.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,710 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Yes, it absolutely would.

Maybe you could get some experience volunteering in a charity shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭dublin49

make up some jobs ,if you've a friend or a relation ask them to play ball if in the unlikely event someone checks out a reference.Its nots crime to try and find work and best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,296 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

You would likely get queries as to what you do in your spare time if you are not working, be creative with your responses.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

It hasn't stopped many politicians..

An Post always seem to hire extra staff for Christmas, as do gift companies and gift token companies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,303 ✭✭✭landofthetree

Amazon are hiring people with no experience.

If you're in Dublin it might suit you. They also have part time roles.

Northwest Logistics Park, Ballycoolen, Dublin, Ireland, D11

Rathcoole Park, Westmanstown, Rathcoole, Co. Dublin D22 XV58

Pay rates: €14 – €15.71 hourly

• Registered Users Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Work in supermacs

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 29 ShelbyInc

Don’t be discouraged, keep trying. You may have to do some extra groundwork to level the playing field. Do some research online on the places you’d like to work and maybe from there you will find email contacts for some of the hiring managers. Perhaps you could reach out to them and express your interest in working for the company of choice. This initiative and enthusiasm should help you stand out and perhaps get you an interview.

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭glen123

The are looking for people. It's temp job but smth to put on CV. But that's for next year probably.

At the moment many retailers and supermarkets are looking for people for 25-30hours especially Tesco and Dunnes. I'd nearly go and hand in my CV in person but to have some sort of a former job on CV would certainly help. If somebody who is already working in one of those places could hand in your CV, it would certainly help too.

Advertisement