Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pay Date for monthly workers

Options
  • 29-11-2021 1:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭

I'm just curious on what calendar date are people generally paid on when they're paid monthly? I'm paid around the 24th. My friend is paid about a week earlier than that. I'm wondering if my date is normal or of it's unusually late?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,456 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

It can vary depending on the company

Depends on the company's internal accounting systems, start dates and all sorts of things. There isn't any particular pattern to it.

Only thing you will find is most companies are aware of SEPA cut off times and holidays so will typically try to avoid those.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,671 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Currently last Thursday of the month.

24th isn't late, IMHO. Some companies don't pay until the first week of the new month.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,651 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

15th

• Registered Users Posts: 14,333 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

It’s completely normal

Last two companies I was with was 25th of month

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,154 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Have had it last Thursday of each month and also 20th of each month for different companies. Seemed to work best last Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,738 ✭✭✭C3PO

25th for us too - except if the 25th is at a weekend and then previous working day. A week earlier in December.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭AngryLips

25th of the month in the past, last Friday of the month in another company. If you're lucky enough to work in retail head office then you'll get paid every four weeks which is amazing (except for direct debits).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,365 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Surely it makes no difference? you are still paid for a month's works. What difference does the pay date make?

I've working in loads of different companies. No two have had the same pay date. If memory serves me correctly, the dates ranged from

18th of month

22nd of month

28th of month

Last business date of a month

20th of month

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,429 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

It can be annoying when setting up your direct debit/bill paying schedule.

My current place pays on the last working day of the month - which can be the last day of the month (it was today). Was a bit of a worry this morning trying to figure out if everything had been sent where it needed to be sent before the direct debits also came off on the same day.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,669 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

I've had last Thursday, last Friday and now the 25th

The place that did last Friday would usually end up paying you on the Tuesday after if there was a bank holiday weekend; absolutely incompetent. Had to move all bills to go out mid month just in case.

The fixed date prevents the "five week month" problem that a last X date has. Never going to be over 31 days between fixed days of months.

Ive worked for a lot of companies and no two places had the same pay day. Currently it's the 26th.

Well your rent or mortgage is due by a certain date, Its nice to get paid before the day your rent or mortgage is due.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭antimatterx

27th of the month currently. At a previous company it was the last day of the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Cushtie

Last Friday of the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Jambonjunior

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Clashmore

I am paid on/before the 7 th of the following month. Paid on 7th December for hours worked in November

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

Every 4th Friday for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,671 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

If you are running that close to broke, then you need to take a good look at your finances.

Image what would happen if you got sick and couldn't work for a couple of weeks. Sure you'll get illness benefit, but it will probably be paid out a good bit later than your wages would.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Jambonjunior

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

Very few companies go into the next month.

See one example above but i've never had it.

I set my DD for the 1st or 2nd.

Like to keep the current account low. Safer

I'm also last Thursday these days

Advertisement