Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tacx Flux giving wrong power reading

Options
  • 28-11-2021 12:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭

Hi,

Has anyone had an issue with a Tacx Flux giving an inaccurate power reading?

It's reading about 5x higher than true power

Firmware is up to date.

Calibrated via Tacx app and Zwift

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Shoco83

I’ve just upgraded from a flux s to a Neo. Never had any issues like that and found it pretty reliable

I compared both on Friday and the flux consistently read about 10-15 watts higher when compared to my stages, the neo and stages were pretty bang on

• Registered Users Posts: 9,268 ✭✭✭Macy0161

What are you using for your "true power"? All power meters have a margin of error, and depending on where it's measuring v another device can also give explainable differences.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,815 ✭✭✭fat bloke

5x isn't a margin of error though! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,268 ✭✭✭Macy0161

I was assuming that was supposed to be 5% to be honest. Which would still be on the high side, but no power meter is 100% accurate. Pedal v hub is going to be a slightly different figure due to drivetrain efficiency (even how clean it is affects this), then add in margin of error.

Advertisement