Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House Sitter

Options
  • 24-11-2021 9:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

My Mother is in a care home. Could anyone advise in having a House Sitter to live in her vacant home? Do you draw up your own conditions ie on Insurance or contracts etc or are there rules already on House Sitting?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Circus_O

If this is intended to be long-term when buying our house it dragged on quite a bit and our solicitor told us about a caretakers agreement wherein the owner could agree to let us live there while the purchase went through.

Something like that could work ( without the purchasing part obviously ) although you would need legal advice on the specifics like insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭G-Man

Its a good idea - someone to keep an eye on things. In a similar situation with an aunts house.. I am thinking of advertising it as house share though. I want to be assured access as there is still a lot of personal property moved into two rooms. Also its not clear if my aunt will return or her daughter from abroad. I think full rental would be too much of commitment when I am not sure what way things will end up.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

There is an organisation in the UK that does this; books sitters etc, Camelot? It gives more security to owners. Maybe such exists here?

Advertisement