Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,820 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

You're welcome, though you may find the minstrels yourself😁

• Registered Users Posts: 22,223 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I found a pack of minstrels in a bag I use for the cinema 😄

What do you make I’m a celeb?

Ah nice find !

It's a bit **** atm I think , hope it picks up a bit now with just one camp . You?

Load of rubbish, kinda lost interest in it tonight, Richard was useless at that trial

• Registered Users Posts: 10,030 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Coffee time, Nespresso in a Starbucks cup, talk about confused. 14 degrees, making the most of this balcony.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,709 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I miss the coffee machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Thank your stars it's not a Starbucks in a Nespresso cup!

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Elyvande

Deskside feeling cold and fed up. COVID has my head melted. I would love 48 hours of going socially nuts. Just Aaghhh……..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,709 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

@Elyvande I was watching some show earlier and people were hugging on first meeting with almost always makes me cringe but today I kinda missed the hugs

• Registered Users Posts: 12,993 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

After Covid, I don't think I'll ever shake hands again but I do like a hug.

It's awkward now when you meet a friend or relative that you only see every so often, standing there thinking..Will I give them a squeeze!

I think I will put up my Christmas tree tonight while I have some motivation, otherwise it might not make an appearance until a late date.

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement

@Gremlinertia and @Purple Mountain You are both right. It is the “Will I/won’t I hug” dance about. We have a family funeral in the morning and have just been talking about the “No hugging”. This sounds mad but I miss a good funeral - hugs, kisses, tears, a get together to celebrate a life well lived afterwards.

I wouldn’t blame you for putting up your tree. Enjoy the cosy feeling with the lights on..

Sorry for your loss @Elyvande . You definitely miss those hugs at a time like this .

Cheap and cheerful tea here this evening , pasta,pesto,garlic bread , comfort food on a cold evening .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Having a cuppa and a mince pie after dinner, then it’s feet up in front of the telly. Took out the winter quilt today, will probably be roasted 😆

Today can just Feck right off and some people along with it, we’ve reached a new level of stupid. Rant over

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

It’s not really, some people I wonder how do they be so two faced and think people can’t see through it

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭global23214124

Just had some tapas and a coffee to wake me up. Stayed way to late watching tv so paying for it today. Food is very good though.

In bed eating a magnum listening to Hugh Grant read “A Christmas Carol”. Well if that doesn’t beat Banagher…

Night all

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Bedside, feeling a tad low mood wise and with a rotten head cold. 🤒🤧

Night all! 😴😴

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

My thoughts exactly, Auto.

Thus the reason why my mood is pretty low today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,030 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Are you ready for the Toy Show tonight, that must put all of you in a good mood.

on the balcony waiting for the sun to rise before I go to bed, morning people shouldn’t be made work at night :):)

Work.

Am I the only person in Ireland who has no interest whatsoever in the late late toy show.

Toys? Nah, no interest

Billie Barry kids? Nah, no interest

Overly confident kids lecturing adults on stuff? Or being way over the top? Nah, no interest.

People look at me like there's something wrong with me when I say it!

Good morning. Getting ready to head out to the funeral with Mr E.

From the posts above it seems as though a lot of us are struggling with various things. Slides coffees, hot chocolates and whatever else your hearts desire across and wishing you all a better day ahead.

And the strength not to badly hurt someone 😄😄😄

Happy Friday!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Another one here who avoids the Toy Show. My seven year old grandson finds it odd to have it on at adult's time as he calls it.

He doesn't see the point of it really.

Another not a toy show fan here . Even when mine were young they thought it was long drawn out , and boring mainly . Although excited granddaughter 6, looking forward to watching it for the first time tonight ...

Bet she'll be asleep ten minutes after it starts 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 12,993 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Yeah, hands up.. I don't like the Toy Show myself. I'm gone well past the stage of hyper small people, I'm a grouchy old maid these days.

I surprised myself today, that I have a creative side apparently. I bought a Christmas wreath today and when I brought it home thought it was quite plain.

I got scissors and wire out and added fake red berries, pine cones and and little wooden hearts to it and it looks totally transformed.

Move over, @JupiterKid and @Mam of 4

To thine own self be true

Good on you PM , I bet it looks fab !

Post edited by Mam of 4 on

• Advertisement

The only craic of the toy show was staying up late..

Considering the work trundle

Advertisement