Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TCP Smart bulbs. Homebase

Options
  • 25-11-2021 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭

Picked up two of these in Homebase today for €3.80 each. Normally €30 each according to them !! They had loads of them left. Work with the tcp app and with google home. Good value and good crack to annoy her with the bedroom light switching on randomly 😂😂

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,813 ✭✭✭Alkers

Which branch were they in?

Can you operate them manually also?

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭alanbk

Sorry. Nutgrove Homebase and yes they act like a normal bulb also

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

I wonder do these work for Alexa also?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Oooooh I need more smart bulbs and live beside Nutgrove. Will check this out tomorrow for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,326 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Thanks OP, shopping in Nutgrove today so !

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 16,503 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I was in Homebase Limerick looking for these at this price but no such luck 😩

They do have them but at the below pricing.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭pjproby

In Homebase Bluebell they are for sale at €13.80, reduced from €23. Its hard to believe that they were ever for sale at €23 and €13.80 is probably the full original price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭south

Popped in to Nutgrove this morning and either the sale TCP bulbs were gone or they were back to full price as it there wasn't a sniff of a sale bulb to be found.

However, all the osram smart bulbs were out and reduced. They don't advertise being Hue/Google compatible but the internet says that the hue app will recognise them! Got 3 colour changers for 4.96 each (down from 35) and an Edison/filament for 96c!!! They had a few left, boxes are a bit damaged but will update with a trip report once I get them linked in to the system.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,276 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Is this a bargain, or was the OP the only person in the country to get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭alanbk

These were the ones I got. They had a sh** load when I was there.

Were they on the big 80% off shelf on the left just at the beginning of the lighting section? Lot of empty shelves when I was there, definite impression that I was getting the dregs with the Osrams.

Happy to report I got them set up with Hue just as easily as the likes of the IKEA ones, so this was a MASSIVE saving for me. Been gradually doing all the lights in the house but now I've got colour changing set up in the office/den, delighted with that!

OP has posted yellow/white bulbs, the other examples above from other posters are all TCP colour change bulbs. Not the same thing. The osrams are arguably an even better deal at €4.60. I'll be back in tomorrow to grab more for sure

Advertisement