Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Places to launch boat north Dublin and Louth coastline

Options
  • 24-11-2021 11:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi I recently got a 15 foot sea boat. My dad had boat years ago and we used to launch from Skerries but its always extremely busy around Skerries now so wondering if any suggestions of other quieter spots with open slip to launch north Dublin or Louth coastline?

Thanks for any info

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,897 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

You could try Rush Harbour.

There is a slipway, though the harbour dries out at low tide.

Loughshinny also dries at low tide but there is a slipway there too. both harbours are reasonably quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

There is a slipway in balbriggan harbour but I'm not sure is it really open to public use, I've never seen it being actively used but I don't see why it shouldn't be.

I have also seen people launch small boats down by the martello tower in balbriggan its more a ramp onto beach than a slipway mind so probably only good enough for a small dinghy or kayak trailer really.

Edit to add: I google it and found this https://www.fingal.ie/sites/default/files/2019-04/jet_ski_powerboat_byelaws_skerries_balbriggan_map.pdf which seems to indicate it is available

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,897 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I'd also add to this thread, not sure how much experience or recent experience you have of going to sea on a boat (any boat), but I take it you'll be taking plenty of precautions when doing so, like life jackets for all on board, a way of contacting emergency services in the event of an emergency etc.... (phone in a waterproof bag.VHF radio etc...)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 AndyD79

Cheers i thought of loughshinny but last time I was there on kayak seems to be a barrier on the slipway so unsure if it's restricted but will check it out again thank you

• Advertisement

Cheers i bought boat from guy in balbriggan unfortunately slip is closed due to major building work all around it now sure when will reopen

Absolutely 100% we spent 20 years boat fishing as members of mulranny club and loads boat fishing down of clonakility safety number 1 focus 100%

• Registered Users Posts: 6 jfelectric

@AndyD79 Hi did you ever get a launch slipway in this area, I have a small sail boat double keel, thinking of going that direction for day sailing sometime over the summer.

Advertisement