Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

.Help!

Options
  • 25-11-2021 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

I have sat dish set up for astra 19.2 and 28. Now all I get on screen is the station name followed by "no signal". no matter what station I want. . I cannot see any breaks in cable and connections seem ok. I have 2 seperate LNBs, 1 for uk stations (19.2) and 1 for continental etc. Any suggestions? The set up is ca. 9 years working perfectly.

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 16,475 ✭✭✭✭banie01

UK stations are on 28.2, not 19.2 as you mention in your post.

You mention 2 separate lnbs? Are you combining these via a diseqc switch? Check that your port assignment in the switch set up is correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,692 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

If both LNB's are not performing that suggests the dish might be slightly out of alignment - barring a fault in the receiver.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 rambling

Sorry for mixiing up 19 and 28 functions but my point is the neither are working. It would be simple if one or the other were not functioning. Then the solution would be to put in a new LNB. they both feed into 1 cable so i guess this means the problem is elsewhere. Diseqc switch?? What should I look for. Trouble is I am not very technical and the system has worked so well for so long. Thanks for your replies. I will look further.

If both LNBs feed into 1 cable then there is a diseqc switch. Usually this is located in a weatherproof box behind the dish.

Has anything been changed on your system? Have you changed your receiver? Reset your settings? Moved anything?

Thanks banie01. I got and installed new diseqc. Problem remains... " no signal". I get all Irish stations through Rabbits's Ears ... perfect but nothing from Sat dish.. I have 2 LSPs,1 for 19.2 and 1 for 28. I felt it unlikely that both would go at same time and that diseqc would be the problem. Just to be sure I have now changed diseqc and 1 LSP.....nothing else and no sign of life... just the station name comes up eg if i clich 33 on remote i see CNN,if I click 44 I see France 24.on screen but "no signal". very frustrating.

• Advertisement

Then we can rule the switch out. Now assuming that there has been no movement of the dish itself, or any change in tuner settings? IMO the next most likely cause of failure would be water ingress into the cable.

Easiest way IMO to check for that is to connect directly to a single LNB. Bypass the Diseqc and connect to an LNB then in your tuner settings, switch the setup to a single LNB, select the installed satellite and run a single transponder scan on the strongest TP for the satellite you have connected.

If the cable and alignment are good? You will find the channels on that TP. If you have no channels, it's back to being 1 of those 2 faults IMO.

Now a Sat installer with a meter would be able to check your lnb alignment in situ. If those are good? It's your cable or in a rare instance it may be the receiver itself.

I'm an enthusiastic amateur when it comes to Sat, so hopefully one of the more experienced folk could chime in.

But, if you haven't changed anything in your setup prior to this fault? That would point towards a fault or alignment issue. If you aren't comfortable with troubleshooting the LNB alignment? Give an installer a shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,692 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

My bet is on the dish being out of alignment. I live on a very windy exposed hillside and it's rare not to have to DIY realign the dish once or twice a year. That €10 sat finder from Lidl was a very good investment.

Thanks Cnocbui, but the problem seems to be elsewhere. I tightened the connection on the lNB that deals with 19.2 stations and the pictures returned but the sound disappeared not only on the 19.2 E stations but also on the 28E ones. I am totally bewildered. I will look out for the Lidl Sat finder. Trouble is these gems only appear for a week and one has to very sharp to get the best deals. Thanks for yr reply

Advertisement