Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Diesel Issues

Options
  • 22-11-2021 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭

Drove to and around Belfast from Dublin and towards the end get engine warning and no limp mode but not that powerful

He connected it up and wiped the error and said EGR filter or the like (hard with low speaking and accent), thankfully good enough to charge 20 pounds

Says if giving me trouble to take out the DPF and when I said NCT checked it, he said some can cut it and stich it up so still "there"

Said I need to drive it harder in higher revs

Has anyone THE solution as becoming a money pit but don't want to sell as secondhand market crap and I've fixed a lot of long-term items (2010 so SOME items will go I know)

Ford focus 1.6 TCDI

Thanks for help etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭FrankC21

Go to halfords, buy stp diesel cleaner - ask the staff - puy in your fuel tank before or after putting fuel in. And drive it normally, or for best result blast it up the motorway sunday morning, or drive it at 3rd or 4th gear 3k rpm for 10 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭JCN12

I would put a blanking plate on the EGR valve and get it mapped out from the ECU to prevent a fault being logged.

Or, what I did with my diesel Astra was just fit the blanking plate and get a cheap scanner to delete the fault warning light before driving to the NCT centre. Worked great for years whilst I owned the car, and I believe it is still going strong with the new owner.

Make sure to give it a decent drive on the motorway at higher rpm to get the DPF to regenerate regularly too.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Speedline

The dpf and egr valve work in conjunction I believe. You can delete the dpf and leave the egr, but you can't delete the egr and leave the dpf. It won't work properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭JCN12

Well, you can and I did. 😉

Whilst they are not mutually exclusive, they both serve different purposes ultimately.

Advertisement