Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Selling, Swapping or Wanted Watches & Timepieces *Please read rules in 1st post**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64,703 ✭✭✭✭unkel

I know, it's weird. I feel a bit like a spoilt child about it too. The day it arrived (glorious warm day), I tried it on, appreciated its beauty, but then put on the Deepsea to go swimming in the sea with the dog. When in the water, the sun shining on the glorious blue of the Deepsea made me fall in love with it again

I still do like the Panerais, thought I'd try a Radiomir this time. It's classy and stylish. And I suppose I am not :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Cyclingtourist

I'm still bonded to my Pamphibia.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭scwazrh

Maybe try a simple base logo luminor ? Slab sides with the crown guard . Closest new model available that’s similar to the original pre v watches.44mm wears a lot nicer as well.

Yep my thinking too. I had a Luminor before but it was a chrono, no sandwich dial and too busy. But the fit and look to me of the overal model was perfect.

I did try on a few submersibles and others from the "pamily" of the guy who sold me the Explorer II and I was quite taken with them too (and I did have zero interest in them before)

That Pam111 on adverts would be perfect. Seller seems a bit off though , the watch could have been sold a few times by now but still no deal done

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Rightplace2016

Hi. Was looking for bit of advice . Saw this on donedeal quartz omega seamaster 300. No box or papers and price is representative of that at €1900. It's been on adverts.ie and withdrawn a few times too due to not getting price which was previously higher.

My concern is the bracelet looks very worn and never serviced since purchase 14 years ago.

If I got it for right price and factoring in 400 quote from ichrono to service and polish but I'm wondering would bracelet clean up or is it indicative of more damage to watch for length of time without service ?

https://www.donedeal.ie/jewellery-for-sale/omega-seamaster/29685620

• Registered Users Posts: 19,647 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

That's fairly well worn see the pic of the case side, plus the strap on it is about 2mm too small at the lugs, I'd be cautious on that one. Even though the price is way off on the low side.

i don’t think the strap is original but reckon the watch is although it is well worn.

I placed an offer when it first listed but on the basis of too cheap to be true I gave up on it .The seller is odd though , doesn’t seem to be actively pushing for a sale which brings in the “ buy the seller “ doubt .

Seller claims he got it new and never wore it yet can't explain why bracelet is so worn.

"Buy the seller" and I don't . Think I'll pass.Thank for advice

• Registered Users Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭Fitz II

Donedeal in general is not a great place for watches. Totally un moderated and more fakes than real watches. The price is not all that tempting either around market on a quartz.

• Advertisement

Offered the Panerai back to Watchfinder. This will take a long time, so put it on adverts too:

https://www.adverts.ie/sports/panerai/25407670

He Just had offer accepted on adverts.ie for 1350. Someone taking chance on it.

http://www.adverts.ie/25379055

• Registered Users Posts: 8,578 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Nothing wrong with the seamaster at all, a decent clean and polish will have that looking amazing, I’ve picked up worse over the years and once you factor in the service it’s not an issue

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 8,727 ✭✭✭893bet

Yeah I think it’s fine also.

Looking at it I suspect it’s a midsize (2561.80.00) so price was nothing special. Or perhaps the red text on the dial means it’s full size? I used to be up on Omega refs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Looks ok - bezel insert has been replaced and not aligned correctly though. Doesn't line up with the bezel indentations. Easy fix but that would annoy me.

The seamaster is full size and for €1350 tbe buyer can’t go wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Gavin1

Looking to move on my Damasko DA34. It is from 2018 and I am the second owner. I cannot see any marks on it, this is my second Damasko and they do not mark. Crystal is clean with not marks. Strap and pin buckle are Damasko. Strap is leather and lots of life left in it. I have a rubber Damasko with Damasko pin buckle which I will also include.

I have box and papers (including receipt).

This has the Damasko hardened case that is proprietary to Damasko. There is some other Damasko tech such as the use of Viton seals in the crown.

A robust bit of kit in an everyday wearable watch.

I am looking for €700.

Only interested in a face to face. Based on the Northside of Dublin. Willing to travel a reasonable distance for meeting-up, COVID permitting!

Any questions please PM me.

Thanks

Post edited by Gavin1 on

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Pablo_Flox

Is this the same Sea Master? Looks like iChrono bought it.

it’s not the same as the one on adverts, that one had red writing

who ever bought the one on adverts got a decent watch for good money

does the red writing signify anything ?

• Advertisement

omega gave the seamaster a bit of a facelift and that was part of it, some people prefer it and the price tends to be higher

• Registered Users Posts: 8,441 ✭✭✭micks_address

Hi folks,

Listing my Seiko Sla043 62mas limited edition on adverts

Discount for any boardsie

Cheers,

Mick

That’s a lovely watch .I’ve never owned a Seiko of that value .Is it far superior to say a samurai or king turtle ?At roughly 7 times more expensive than a king turtle I would hope there is a noticeable difference.

Yeah to be fair it is lovely. Others have said it blows away the likes of the Tudors in terms of finishing. Its niche though as most people wouldn't expect a Seiko to cost so much. I've owned seikos at 300, 600, 1k and the quality is there with this. Accurate to one second a day as well

That's going to be a very hard sell over here Mick. You putting it up on TZ too? Might have better chances there.

Already 2 up there unkel :) I don't mind if it doesn't sell. I suppose testing the waters

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,065 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I've a client who has that very watch. His and yours must be among the only examples in Ireland. I was surprised to see it TBH as the chap wouldn't be a watch nutter by any means. In the metal it's a bloody impressive watch. Serious quality.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

It sure is. The everbrilliant steel really shines on the case. Its put together in the Grand Seiko studio i think. What drew me to it was the lack of Prospex or X on the dial. Its very clean. The movement has a pretty loose spec but this one is running to 1 second a day. I wish they had made a bracelet for it in the same steel. There's one from the sla017 but its diashield coated so not a colour match

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Probably a bit low-brow for this thread but sure look...https://www.adverts.ie/dress/mondaine-swiss-railways-watch/25420939

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Cyclingtourist

^^Thirty five MM. Ladies watch.

Advertisement