Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

best type of insulation

Options
  • 21-11-2021 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭

Looking to get some insulation work done on my house.It's an end of terrace house,built in the 1960s

Is the best form of insulation external wall insulation?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,824 ✭✭✭enricoh

I'd be sorting out the attic first

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭thebourke

i got that done a few years ago.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Yellow_Fern

Did you insulate the attic door? a board of PIR sealed at the edges is great. If you know anyone with a thermal camera it is great to use to check attic insulation as there are often cold spots where it was badly laid. Then try to seal where pluming enters the attic. Most houses have a ton of little jobs that are worth doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭thebourke

yes i have insulated the attic door..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Yellow_Fern

To answer your original question, normally external if better than cavity and internal insulation as everything is covered, less missing spots and your joists are on the warm side and safer

• Advertisement
Advertisement