Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grand Slam of Darts

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,507 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

This match is going at a lovely pace

Good game management by Smith.. Even when he's behind on his own throw, he doesn't panic - he nearly should have lost leg 19 there. 55% checking out - class!

Smith doing an excellent job managing the match. Good darts to watch

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Still waiting for Smith to blow up…

he’s handling it well

TbL

Great win by Smith - fantastic composure throughout.. Hit the single twenty reasonably low to give him a good sight at tops... I reckon that's one thing that darts players might tweak in the next few years, in order to eke out a percent or two, when left on 60.. maybe aim below the treble bed or something 😊

The main event imminent - COME ON FALLON!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

Wright getting a wake up call here. Fallon isn't messing about

She is throwing some serious arrows....... snakebite needs to go into the 'top drawer' to put this to bed.....I still think he'll finish it off with 3-4 leg cushion

Wright making hard work of these doubles

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

She’s playing much better than I expected.

Scoring and doubling well, keeping him under pressure.

Don’t think he’s been playing well enough lately to hit top gear so it could be nip and tuck if she maintains this standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭BQQ

That was a big chance to break throw there for Fallon. missed 3 darts at tops

She's giving Wright plenty to think about though

• Advertisement

Does any other player get their name as a hashtag under the score? Never noticed that before

She’s been superb so far, give anyone a game with this standard

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭BQQ

+1

If there's anyone left questioning whether she belongs - surely this answers it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Regardless of the outcome, this is impressive stuff from Sherrock.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭boomdocker

Great stuff from Fallon

Given she wouldn't have much opportunity to play long format matches , this is very impressive

Brilliant game from Fallon, a 3dart AVG of 99 & 8 180's..........she definitely deserves her seat at the top table.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

Class performance from Fallon. I can see her going on a run in the worlds

Well done to Fallon for a right good performance.. She didn't let herself down.. Wrighty just too good on the night.. That 4 leg cushion Peter had told in the end when it was getting close.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭shockframe

I wasn't that surprised Fallon put up a good show there.

Wright like Suljovic isn't a particularly fast player. The greater challenge would be against a player like Smith or MVG who throw so rapidly that if they got a few legs ahead the game would be gone before you could do anything.

I'm not that convinced yet of handing Fallon a Premier League Place. More accomplished players have tanked and the tour performances have not been stellar. Then again some of the male players that get a place can sometimes be questionable maybe its not a bad idea.

• Advertisement

Some great games the last couple of nights.. Hard to pick a winner in the Price/Wade match.. Think it's tighter than the ~ 2/5 and 11/5 odds would suggest.. I like bully boy to win by at least 3 against Wright in the second semi the way he's playing - the methodical Wright could be the fly in the ointment against Smith's rapid fire approach... If he shows the same focus that he did against MvG, then Michael should hopefully prevail, regardless of how ponderous Wright is..

Wade's finishing been good, so I think that sees him through against the Welshman..

Predict a Wade/Smith final..

I'm 180degrees opposite........Price v Wright final. I detest Gerwyn Price but I think he has the measure of Wade.

One of us at least is guaranteed to be at least half Wright 😁 Hope Peter doesn't make the final - that slow(ish) playing is annoying... Don't mind if Price gets to the final, as he's always entertaining, whatever about his antics 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 20,323 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Fallon did great but really had her chances and missed a lot of darts at doubles. Wright missed a lot too. It really could have gone either way.

Delighted to see her do well though and hopefully we see a lot more of her in the tournaments to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,434 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Wade averaging under 70 for the first few legs, jaysus

He's redeemed himself has James 😊 Despite his mediocre averaging, he's 2 from 2 on the doubles, and it's a break apiece.. On throw (going by scores) with Price ONLY 3-2 up after the 1st break

Wade's doubling keeping him in touch here.... He's hit 4 from 6; it's Gezzy a break up tho, and leading 6-4, with the Welshman throwing next..

Edit hit 4 from 7 James

11-4 to Price.. Wade very poor,.. Surely curtains for James.. Just prolonging the agony now..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,434 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

The two D19s from Smith was class

• Advertisement

Incredible standard just now from Wright!

TbL

Advertisement