Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Civil Service Probation

• 19-11-2021 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Hey folks,

Hoping someone can clarify this for me. I was a CO from November to May of this year. During that time I was also in the Open EO competition and was assigned to a department in May.

I finished as a CO in my old department on Friday, May 21st and started in the new one as an EO on the 24th.

I have some worries about my upcoming 6-month probation and whether I'll be passed. My manager previously advised that if I failed I would be demoted back to being a CO in my previous department, however, someone recently pointed out that this might not be the case as I got my position as an EO through the open competition.

Can anyone clarify? Would I just be let go?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,899 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

You should have signed a contract/letter of offer in your new Department which would set that out.

It is my understanding you would revert to CO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭Kirbi

You should definitely check out your contract as Riskymove says, but I think being let go would be a possibility in your case. The reason is that (unless I'm taking you up wrong on the timing), you have not successfully completed a year-long 'Hire Probation' within the civil service.

I believe that you could probably revert to CO if you'd completed the CO probation regardless of the nature of the promotion reason used (i.e. Open, Interdepartmental, Internal). If you did not complete the original CO probation, then you have not been confirmed as a civil servant.

Advertisement