Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missed call about job interview..missed chance?

Options
  • 19-11-2021 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭

I recently applied for a job. I missed a call today regarding same ( I know it was about the job, as I got an email a few minutes later mentioning an attempt to call me was made, asking me to call back to confirm my availability for interview next week..

When I tried to return the call after a while ( I had been at work in my current job and missed the call) I couldn't get through, I think this could have been just after their ' close of business' for today.

I immediately emailed back confirming my availability.

Just wondering would you think I missed my chance as I missed the call earlier?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭gameoverdude

I wouldn't think so. Companies know people have current jobs. You'll probably get a mail on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,266 ✭✭✭alias no.9

They want to interview you. You tried to return the call and emailed when you couldn't get them on the phone. It would be unreasonable if they overlook you just because they didn't get you on the phone n their first attempt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭I am me123

Thanks all, just wanted to see a few viewpoints on the above.

Have a lovely weekend all. 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 9,536 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

100% Nothing to worry about, the last candidate I needed was to busy focusing on their current project, phone was understandably ignored. Best of luck with the interview!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭JoChervil

Absolutely not. Most people I know, can't answer the phone for various reasons, while at work. So it is absolutely normal. They will contact you by email.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭I am me123

Advertisement