Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New car 2022

Options
  • 15-11-2021 12:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭

Hi, just wondering in regards to a new car, I was going to trade in my 192 automatic SEAT arona for a new small suv. Was offered 18k for my car in SEAT against the new version of the SEAT arona, so I need to put 9.5k towards it but was informed might be March to June before I receive it. They would also throw in 3 year service plan as well. So I could keep on using my car until then and build up the mileage there. Ford puma I was offered 19k for my car against that so have to pay 11.5k but that's with going for the pricey metallic paint job on that and told Jan Feb I will get that. I also looked at the Nissan juke but they will come back to me tomorrow with price for my car against there one. Seems to be 30850 for automatic there the more up spec version of the model I looked at. Also looking at skoda koniq online. Have 3 kids ages 6, 8,13. So like to have bit more space for them and I liked the boot in the Ford puma. Which car would be the best in your opinions? Go Ford puma and pay bit more then new SEAT arona the new version or save the 2k there and get the 3 year service plan also? Or one of the other 2 I presume more or less be around 11k i have to give for them as well, only keeping car for about 3 years the most before trading it in again. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,297 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

The Juke is very much an acquired taste, on PCP price would be guaranteed after the term, I'd not under any circumstances buy one outright for fear of huge depreciation. I'd go Ford Puma from the 3. If you like the Juke the Qashqai might be a better option.

Have you looked at the Toyota C-HR? Spacing in back is not huge but should be fine for kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Just looked at the Toyota C-Hr there. Thanks for your input. Didn't get the best review and boot space is 377 litres. The arona I have is 400 so I don't want to go down from that as can betoght squeeze in there as it is. Yeah I think you might right in regards the Nissan juke. I did really like the Ford puma, its between that and the SEAT arona the new version, but I might look at SKODA koniq and check that out as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,144 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

There is no "new" Arona, it's a facelift or refreshed version of the car you already have now. They may have made some improvements and tweaks here and there but overall it's the same basic car as your current one.

Peugeot 2008 and Renault Captur are also worth looking at.

Sorry yeah it's just a face-lift of the car sorry just put it down as new version. Looked at the Renault captur but a few people warned me off Renault. Will look at Peugeot 2008. Thanks

I wouldn't be listening to those people too much to be honest, they probably were told by someone else who had one 15 years ago that gave lots of problems but Renaults have been as reliable as most other European brands these days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

With three kids I would be looking for a larger car than the Juke, Arona etc. Have you looked at the Skoda Octavia or Superb?

Will be heading over to skoda dealership tomorrow I will check out the skoda octavia as that was another one I wanted to see, the superb is too pricey sadly

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Octavia gives very little away in space to the Superb. Lead times are insane though, so my first question would be what stock do they have coming in that is not spoken for. You haven't mentioned diesel vs petrol but unless you do the big miles I'd be putting petrol top of the list too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭appledrop

Would you consider the Seat Ateca or is it too expensive? I'd expect Seat garage to do good deal for you although it is insane how prices have gone up in few years

I have one and absolutely adore it and plenty of space.

The Ford Puma is a lovely looking car + big improvement on what Ford have produced to date.

Not sure to be fair. I will check there tomorrow and see how much they give for my car. Petrol I will go for.

• Advertisement

No its too pricey sadly. 38k for automatic Ateca. 31.5 32k the most I can go. Would of loved the Ateca now.

Would a full electric SUV be an option for you? Wouldn't be my cup of team but the MG ZS comes in within your budget and might tick alot of boxes for you if you can charge it at home:

https://www.carsireland.ie/2753448

7 year warranty too.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,838 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

The problem with buying an "MG", is that you have to drive an "MG". They are fine as a Taxi or a rental car, but really having to live with one borders on inhuman.

The new Captur is a great car actually.

Or, if you want to keep it in the family, have a look at the Skoda Kamiq.

The problem is that for the space the OP is looking for on their budget, their choices are limited.

That is it 32k the most for a petrol automatic. I will head over to skoda at lunch time and check out the kamiq and octavia.

Octavia Combi estate starts from 27000 I think- great car and lots of room

And more than likely a 6 month waiting time for one.

Thanks for all your advice. I pulled the trigger yesterday and put a deposit down on a Ford Puma ST-line petrol in white. Was 12k plus my car which they offered 19k as well. Now delivery is March now it seems when I was there possibly even April. But suppose doesn't matter as I can use my car until then.

Went to skoda dealership and they offered me 17k for my car so skoda octavia ambition was 30735 and skoda kamiq was 30750 so I left them aside and Nissan were no joy they were bad to deal with. Went over twice to deal ship was left waiting twice for ages to talk to some one there and then when I do they checked my car out Saturday gone and said would ring me on Monday to let me know what they would offer me. No call so I didn't bother with them in the end.

Roll on when the car arrives

• Registered Users Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭appledrop

Best of luck, the puma is a lovely car, glad you got a good deal in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭Casati

You've done really well to get 19k on an Arona Auto and the should be a nice step up.

• Advertisement

Yeah to be fair I presumed the 17k was more the right offer nearly from skoda and then SEAT offering 18k seemed right as they wanted to keep you with them. So Ford offering 19k couldn't pass it up against the puma.

Advertisement